Healthy Air Fryer White Fish with Garlic and Lemon Pepper
Air Fryer white fish is healthy, easy and always delicious. There’s so much to love about this quick and easy low carb fish recipe in the air fryer. You can use any white fish you like. We tested this air fryer tilapia recipe for our test kitchen and they loved it!
Healthy Air Fryer White Fish Recipe (Tilapia)
It won’t take long to prepare a healthy fish dinner for the family. The possibilities are endless because you can use what ever spices you want for this air fried tilapia. We love using simple garlic power and lemon pepper seasoning. But you can use paprika, onion powder, curry powder or what ever your heart desires. The fish comes out fantastic and always perfect. Add some fresh lemon for an over-the top yummy!
Watch How to Make Healthy & Easy White Fish in the Air Fryer
Low Carb Fish in Air Fryer Recipe
The reason why it’s healthy low carb fish recipe because there’s no bread crumbs. We created an easy tilapia air fryer recipe that was clean tasting and wanted as little carbs as possible. Everyone our test kitchen enjoyed this! Make a healthy fish salad for lunch! Just it to a bed of lettuce and you have a fantastic dish for lunch or dinner. The fresh lemons make it extra great so make sure to squeeze fresh lemon juice on top! But if you want to add a crispy outside breading, here’s some ideas for low carb coatings:
- Crushed pork rinds for Keto
- Almond flour
- sesame seeds
- crushed nuts
How to Cook White Fish in Air Fryer
- Rinse and pat dry the fish. Remove any small bones.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder or your preferred spices. We love using lemon pepper on white fish.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket/rack or lay a perforated parchment sheet or silicone mat.
- Some fish filets are thicker than others. Halibut and Cod filets are thicker than tilapia filets. So if air frying with halibut or cod, add an additional 1-2 minutes until it’s cooked to your preferred texture.
- If you’re air frying in a larger air fryer with multiple filets (3-4), then you will need to add more cooking time.
- More recipe details in the recipe box below.
Air Fryer Perforated Parchment Paper Rounds
If you use perforated parchment paper, there’s no sticking and easy cleanup. That’s why these parchment or baking sheets are fantastic. It makes cooking delicate fish so much easier to release without sticking or tearing the fish. These air fryer sheets are perforated, which allows air to circulate through and provide more even cooking. They are super easy to use. There’s many different sizes, so make sure you buy the one that fits your air fryer basket! Here are the ones we usually buy: Air Fryer Parchment Paper.
Air Fryer Healthy White Fish with Garlic & Lemon
- 12 ounces (340 g) tilapia filets , or other white fish (2 filets-6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) onion powder , optional
- kosher salt or sea salt , to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- fresh chopped parsley
- lemon wedges
- Pre-heat Air Fryer to 360°F for 5 minutes. Rinse and pat dry the fish filets. Spray or coat with olive oil spray and season with garlic powder, lemon pepper, and/or onion power, salt and pepper. Repeat for both sides.
- To help sticking, lay perforated air fryer baking paper inside base of air fryer. Lightly spray the paper. (if not using a liner, spray enough olive oil spray at the base of the air fryer basket to make sure fish does not stick)
- Lay the fish on top of the paper. Add a few lemon wedges next to fish.Air Fry at 360°F for about 6-12 minutes, or until fish can be flaked with a fork. Timing will depend on how thickness of the filets, how cold the filets are, & individual preference. (optional) Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve warm with the toasted lemon wedges.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Check out these healthy recipes:
- Low-Carb Cloud Eggs (Eggs in a Cloud)
- Easy Butternut Squash Casserole Baked
- Zucchini Noodles with Spinach
- Spinach Salad with Bacon, Avocado Vinaigrette
- our homemade fish fillets in the air fryer
This recipe was originally published in 2020 and was updated in 2022.
14 Comments on “Healthy Air Fryer White Fish with Garlic and Lemon Pepper”
My mouth waters just by looking at your gorgeous photos! I had to try this recipe out and it was amazing! My fish came out perfectly cooked!
I’m loving all your tips on cooking in the air fryer! This fish recipe is probably my most favorite air fryer recipe.
Delicious! I used haddock loins.
This was wonderful! I used cod, because it is my favorite. I fried it for 11 minutes and it was perfect.
So glad it worked well for you. Although we love cod too, we hadn’t tested the time & temp with this recipe yet using cod. Great to know your timing & success!
I really love the seasoning you used for the fish. Tasted so good.
Really great seasoning for this white fish. It’s perfect for my diet. Thanks for the recipe.
I’m in love with the seasoning you used. Will try this recipe with other white fishes.
I’m loving the seasoning used for this fish. This fish cooks perfectly in the air fryer.
I cooked this for tea,cod with root mash,threw on some piccolato tomatoes,I I made a marinade using parsley and a very overlooked spice called sumac,it has 3 different ways to spell it,either sumac,sumach or sumak,anyone who has not heard of or never used Turkish sumac spice it’s a very lemony taste,perfect for fish,it’s so nice I always end up eating what’s left with a spoon it’s sooooo good,thanks for the recipe being diabetic this was perfect for me
I used rockfish and the salt, pepper and onion powder. Before I added the seasoning, I squeezed on lemon juice. I did two pieces at 360 for 12 minutes and they turned out moist, flavorful and done just right!
Rockfish sounds amazing! So glad you enjoyed the recipe and thanks for sharing Jill.