Easy Instant Pot Mexican Chicken (Pressure Cooker)
This recipe is shared from our sister site BestRecipeBox.com . If you’re needing an easy every recipe, check that website for non air fryer foods!
Easy Instant Pot Mexican chicken
Dear Friends! Our recipe for instant pot Mexican chicken can easily become a dinner staple. Or you can cook it in any pressure cooker that is similar to the Instant Pot brand. It’s crazy delicious because we made sure to have some extra spices to liven up the flavor. And best of all, it’s super juicy and so easy to make for a family meal. Our pressure cooker Mexican chicken is perfect when you’re craving tacos! The juicy shredded chicken is also great on salads, tostadas or quesadillas. Just add all the ingredients into your Instant Pot or pressure cooker and walk away for a few minutes. You’ll return to a fantastic meal!
Watch the Video making Mexican Chicken in the Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker)
Chicken tacos, quesadillas, salads and more!
The possibles seems endless with cooking this chicks in the pressure cooker. We absolutely love making shredded chicken tacos with them or on tostadas. Kids love them as chicken quesadillas, especially when you use a blend of Mexican cheeses. And if you want to eat healthier, low carb chicken taco salad is the perfect low carb choice! We’re obsessed with cooking in our Instant pot. It’s such a great tool to use for quick and easy dinners. Pressure cookers have evolved tremendously over the years and cooking is so much easier. Here’s a great pressure cooker beef stew recipe here.
Instant Pot Mexican Chicken
Chicken thigh or leg meat will be juicer than breast meat, but if you prefer, the breast meat still comes out quite nice. We'll usually prefer boneless, skinless but feel free to use whatever you have available.
- 2 pounds chicken , preferrably boneless and skinless (*see head note)
- 1 cup tomato sauce or salsa
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , or more to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder , or to taste (optional, for spicy flavor)
- Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)
- Add everything into Instant Pot (chicken, tomato sauce or salsa, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper and optional chipotle powder). Stir to combine all the spices into the sauce.
- Close the lid, set to high pressure, and after the pressure cooker reaches full pressure, cook for about 15 minutes *depending on size of chicken & preferred doneness. (These are the steps we did for our Instant Pot: Press the "Manual" button. Set the time to 15 minutes and our Instant Pot starts up automatically, counting down the timer after it reaches pressure.)
- Take the chicken pieces out of the Instant Pot, cut into 1-2 inch pieces, then place back in the Instant Pot. Shed with a couple forks to break up the chicken.
- Taste the chicken and add more salt if needed.
- Serve in tacos, on salads, in quesadillas, etc.
Here’s our Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos Recipe
More Great–> Slow Cooker and Instant Pot Recipes