Crispy Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Oooh, air fried french fries are so easy and good! If you’re cooking frozen french fries, you must try making them in the air fryer! You don’t need any extra oil on top because the fries already have oil in them.
Easy Air Fried French Fries in the Air Fryer
The hot air frying circulating air will cook the fries just fine. Seriously, these are so crispy and crazy easy when cooked in the air fryer. Within minutes, we had a big batch of crispy hot french fries out of the air fryer. Once you know how to cook frozen french fries in this awesome appliance, you’ll never look back. The results are aways quick and crispy. Add a bowl of ketchup or your favorite sauce to dip the air fried french fries in and you’ll be a happy camper!
Video Making Frozen French Fries in the Air Fryer
How to Cook Frozen French Fries in Air fryer
- Add frozen fries to air fryer basket. Air fry at 400°F for about 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fries.
- You don’t have to add any oil spray because there’s already oil in these pre-cooked fries. What you’ll get are still amazing crispy french fries with less oil!
- For 3-4 quart air fryers, 1 pound is about the max without overcrowding the air fryer. If you have a larger size air fryer, you can cook more so long as the basket isn’t filled more than 1/2 full.
- The more you fill the basket the more frequently you’ll want to shake the basket to help them cook evenly.
- Dip in your favorite dip like ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce or ranch.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- 1 pound (454 g) frozen french fries
- Kosher salt or sea salt , to taste
- ground black pepper , to taste optional
- Place the frozen fries in air fryer basket and spread them evenly over the basket. You don't need to spray extra oil.
- Air fry the frozen fries at 400°F for about 15 minutes (about 10 minutes for thin cut fries). About halfway through cooking, shake the basket and gently turn the fries. Try not to break them. For crisper, evenly cooked fries, turn them multiples times while cooking.
- Air Fry for additional 1-3 minutes to crisp to your preferred liking.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Fries Frozen – Do not thaw first.
- Shake several times for even cooking & Don’t overcrowd fryer basket.
- If cooking in multiple batches, the first batch will take longer to cook if Air Fryer is not already pre-heated.
- Recipes were cooked in 3-4 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Hope you enjoy these fries! If you’ve made them let us know what you think in the comments! There’s so much to learn but when you figure it out, there’s a whole world of fresh foods to cook. It’s not always about cooking frozen foods. What is air frying? We discuss it all what is air frying.