Air Fryer Honey Baked Ham
Air Fryer Honey Baked Ham
Yes, you can cook a ham in the air fryer! It’s super easy and the results are a moist and flavorful ham. Our air fried ham recipe has a great honey brown sugar glaze that’s delicious! It’s perfect when you don’t have an oven to cook the ham in or if you’re tight on oven space. The air fryer is the perfect appliance to dedicate the ham to and you’ll realize how amazing the hot air technology is. Serve it for Sunday dinner or for holidays and everyone will be satisfied, happy and amazed at how you cooked it.
Video: Recipe for Air Fried Baked Ham
How to Air Fry Honey Baked Ham with Brown Sugar Glaze
Theres so many different shapes, sizes and types of ham. There’s also so many different styles and sizes of air fryers. So make sure to not buy a ham that’s too big for your air fryer. Wrap the ham in foil and make sure to give extra space for that too. You don’t want to let the foil be too close to the heating element, so it’s important to wrap the ham tight. If you buy a whole cooked ham, you’ll need to make criss cross cuts into the ham so the skin crisps up nicely. Instructions are in the recipe box below for the air fryer baked ham.
How Long to Cook Air Fried Ham with Brown Sugar Glaze?
Cooking times will vary because different air fryers cook at slightly different temperatures. And of course, ham sizes vary too. Our estimate is to cook about 10 minutes for every pound of fully cooked ham. Half way through the cooking time, you need to glaze again. When you’re cooking the ham during the last half, check it to make sure it’s not too dry. From there, you decide how much longer you want cook the ham. We like to finish the ham un-covered for the last 5 minutes for a crispy, caramel texture. All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Air Fryer Brown Sugar & Honey Glazed Ham
- 4 pounds boneless, fully cooked ham
Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice (or 1 orange juiced)
- 2 Tablespoons mustard (optional) or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Clove
- black pepper , to taste
- Make the Glaze: In a small saucepan or microwave safe bowl, combine the brown sugar & honey glaze ingredients (brown sugar, honey, orange juice, optional mustard or apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, clove, and black pepper). Heat (can be done on the stovetop or gently heated in the microwave) and whisk until brown sugar is dissolved and glaze is well combined. Set aside.
- If the ham has a netting, remove it from the ham. If ham is not pre-sliced, score the ham with shallow 1/2-inch criss-cross cuts.
- Line the air fryer basket with 2 pieces of long, overlapping foil sheets (see step-by step photos on website write up above). Lay the ham on top of the foil and then brush about 1/3 of the glaze over the ham. Close the foil over the ham and wrap tightly.
- Air Fry at 300°F/150°C for 20 minutes. Open the foil and brush the ham with more glaze (make sure to reserve some glaze for finishing & serving). Close the foil tightly, and Air Fry again at 300°/150°C for 20 minutes.
- After air frying for the 40 minutes, open up the foil again and now push the foil down around the edges of the ham. This creates a boat that holds the juices and keeps the hand from drying out.Brush with a little more glaze and Air Fry at 360°F/180°C for 5 minutes, or until it is caramelized to your liking. If you don’t want your ham to be caramelized or crispy, skip this last 5 minutes.
- Let ham rest for 5 minutes before serving.Optional serving: Combine the juices from the air fryer basket and the remaining glaze in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened. Brush the glaze onto the ham when serving or serve alongside in a bowl for everyone to add as they like.
Here’s more of –> our pork recipes
Check out more Low carb and healthy air fryer recipes here.