Crispy Air Fried Frozen Hash Brown Patties
Air fried hash brown patties are so delicious and addicting! Once you make frozen hash browns in the air fryer, you’ll never want to cook them any other way. Promise!
How to Cook Air Fried Frozen Hash Brown Patties
These crispy patties are amazing: the texture is crispy, perfect without all the oil. You really don’t need to add extra oil spray at all because the frozen patties already have oil in them. But if you decide to spray with oil, the hash browns will just have a more “crispy deep fried” texture. They are so quick and easy, it makes for a perfect, no fuss breakfast.
Video: Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties
Tips for Best Cooking the Hash Browns
- Can you cook air fried frozen hash brown patties in the air fryer? Yes! There’s so many different sizes of patties. Also, each air fryer cooks a little differently. So you’ll have to adjust time and temp accordingly. Just use our temperature recommendations below and keep checking the potatoes.
- Once you cook your first batch, you’ll know what is the best time for your style of air fryer.
- These only work with the patties, not the shredded style hash browns. The pre-cooked hash brown patties works great and quick because they’ve been previously cooked.
- No oil spray is needed. They cook up crisp without any extra oil. You can spray with with oil if you like for an extra crispy crust, but it isn’t necessary for most brands we’ve tried.
- Cook from Frozen. You don’t need to thaw them first.
- Put them in a Single Even Layer. Don’t overlap them in the air fryer basket/tray or else they won’t cook as evenly.
- See recipe box below for the cooking details.
- Pro-Tip: here’s our favorite tools to help make air frying easier:
We LOVE the Evo Oil Sprayers. Not the prettiest, but they’re functional and spritz oil great! They don’t clog up like many others we’ve bought. There’s different styles, but all seem to have the same great spray head. Works great for grilling!
There are Square Mats & Round Mats. These perforated non-stick silicone mats are used to cook food in your air fryer or steamer to minimize sticking. Holes allow hot circulating air to cook the food & keeps the food from sticking.
Parchment sheets are great for your air fryer or bamboo steamer (food tends to stick most on wire basket or tray). Choose from different sizes, shapes, white and brown (unbleached). Holes allow air to cook food evenly.
What About Air Frying Shredded Hash Browns?
If you want to use the shredded style hash browns here’s what we suggest:
- Allow the shredded hash browns to thaw completely and remove excess moisture.
- Create small, very flat patties. The flatter they are, the quicker and crisper they’ll cook in the air fryer.
- Add a liberal amount of oil to both sides of the shredded hash brown patties.
- Air fry at the temperature recommended below in the recipe box. You might have to cook them a little longer so they can cook all the way through.
- Also, make sure they’re crispy on top before you flip them. Yes, you have to flip them so they can brown and crisp on both sides.
Air Fryer Frozen Hash Brown Patties
- 4 Frozen Hash Brown Patties
- salt , optional to taste
- black pepper , optional to taste
- Place the frozen hash brown patties in the air fryer basket and spread in an even layer (make sure they aren't overlapping). No oil spray is needed.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for 10 minutes. Flip the hashbrown patties over.
- Continue to Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for an additional 2-5 minutes or until crisped to your liking. Season with salt & pepper, if desired.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen – Do not thaw first.
- Turn as needed. Cook in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the hash browns might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to flip as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Take Your Air Frying to the Next Level with These Recipes to Try
- Easy Morning Air Fryer Shredded Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- Air Fryer Honey Baked Ham
- Healthy Air Fryer Tuna Patties
- Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls or Spring Rolls
- Frozen Turkey burgers
- Trader Joe’s turkey burgers
- More–> Air Fried Frozen Foods and All French Fries Recipes
This recipe was originally published in 2019 and re-published in 2021 with updated photos. Here’s a great oven hash brown patty casserole for you to try.