Air Fryer Frozen Breaded Chicken Breast
Air fryer frozen breaded chicken breasts are easy to air fry crispy and perfect. The outside breading is fantastic and the inside is delicious. Air frying the breaded chicken breasts is way better than cooking them in the oven.
How to Cook Air Fryer Frozen Breaded Chicken Breast
The hot circulating air from the air fryer makes them crispy and amazing. It’s also quicker because you don’t have to pre-heat the regular large oven for just a few of the breast fillets. The circulating hot air fryer air cooks the chicken wonderfully and it’s a great way to get a quick and easy dinner on the table.
- If you have a small air fryer basket you might only be able to cook one chicken breast at a time.
- For larger air fryer ovens or toaster style ovens, lay the breasts in a single layer. Make sure there’s some space between them so that the hot circulating air can cook all the sides and edges crispy.
- You do not need any extra oil spray on top and do not pre-heat the air fryer. If it’s already hot from cooking something previously, then reduce timing by about 2-3 minutes. Then check the chicken to see how it’s cooking and add additional timing until chicken is cooked.
- Add some homemade gravy or a side of veggies and you have a great quick and easy chicken dinner in minutes.
- There’s so many different brands out there so have fun with your favorite ones. We especially love the fact that these air fryer frozen breaded chicken breasts healthier than deep frying, which we talk about below.
- Pro-Tip: here’s our favorite tools to help make air frying easier:
We LOVE Evo Oil Sprayers. Not the prettiest, but they’re functional and spritz oil great! They don’t clog up like many others we’ve bought. There’s different styles, but all seem to have the same great spray head. Works great for grilling!
There are Square Mats & Round Mats. These perforated non-stick silicone mats are used to cook food in your air fryer or steamer to minimize sticking. Holes allow hot circulating air to cook the food & keeps the food from sticking.
Parchment sheets are great for your air fryer or bamboo steamer (food tends to stick most on wire basket or tray). Choose from different sizes, shapes, white and brown (unbleached). Holes allow air to cook food evenly.
Video: Air Fried Frozen Breaded Chicken Breast
Healthy Air Fried Frozen Breaded Chicken Breasts
It’s way healthier to air fry those chicken fillets than deep frying them. We did a test and the air fried version comes out just as delicious as deep frying. But it’s way healthier to use the air fryer because you don’t have all the greasy oil from deep frying. You’ll be super happy with the results without the fatty deep fried version. Give it a try and you’ll be hooked at cooking all the frozen chicken products with the air fry method. Hope you enjoy these air fryer frozen breaded chicken breasts for dinner soon!
No Thawing Necessary
You don’t need to thaw the frozen chicken breasts. They can be air fried frozen, directly from the freezer. But if you did end up thawing them, then it will definitely take less time to cook, especially if the chicken is pre-cooked. You just need to check the chicken more often, about after the first 7-8 minutes. Then add more time if necessary.
Air Fryer Frozen Breaded Chicken Breasts
- 2 Frozen Breaded Chicken Breasts
- Place the frozen breaded chicken breasts in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Make sure they aren't overlapping. No oil spray is needed.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken over.
- Continue to Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for another 2 minutes. Check the chicken breasts and if needed, add another 2-3 minutes or until heated through and crispy to your preference.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen – Do not thaw first.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Lay in a single layer.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches of chicken back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the chicken might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to flip/toss as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
You Might also Love These Great Air Fryer Meals
Here’s some more great chicken recipes for ya! Hope you enjoy our air fryer recipes and please share your yummy images with us on social media!
This post was originally published in 2019 and was updated in 2021.