Air Fried Turkey Breast with Lemon Pepper or Herbs
You’re really going to love air frying a turkey breast because it’s healthy and truly delicious! There’s so many reasons to make boneless turkey breast in the air fryer. It’s so quick, easy and a great way to enjoy healthy turkey breast for lunch and dinner.
Healthy Air Fryer Turkey Breast Recipe
We were mind blown when we made our first air fryer turkey breast and we’ve made so many more ever since then! The turkey breast skin comes out crispy and amazing. The turkey meat is juicy and perfect for sandwiches, salads or what ever you want. You can’t buy something this delicious at the store and if you did, it wouldn’t be cheap. Cooking boneless turkey breast in the air fryer is budget friendly and can cover meals for a whole family. If there’s leftovers, then sandwiches are perfect.
Watch the Video Making Turkey Breast with Lemon Pepper in the Air Fryer
Why Air Fry Turkey Breast Instead of Baking?
This is truly a great way to eat healthy turkey in sandwiches, salads or what ever you want.
- Ok, air fried turkey breast is a serious contender for Thanksgiving or the holidays too. It’s the perfect portion for two or three. If it’s a small Thanksgiving dinner gathering, then this air fryer technique is perfect for a 3 pound boneless breast. It’s easy to learn how to cook turkey in the air fryer for Thanksgiving.
- The turkey breast cooks juicy and moist. The hot circulating heat cooks the turkey breast just quick enough to not dry it out. Just make sure to have an oven thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature is 165F at it’s thickest part.
- Most importantly, it frees up so much space in the kitchen, especially if it’s small. If you don’t have enough oven space, then the air fryer can help free up the lack of oven space. It’s such a wonderful way to enjoy turkey for two and keep it simple and small.
What Size Turkey Breast?
This recipe is for a raw 3 pound (approximately) boneless turkey breast or loaf. Anything larger than that you’ll really have to add more time. Every air fryer cooks differently, so after your first attempt, you’ll know more of what timing works best for your specific air fryer model. If you’re wanting to cook a whole turkey up to 16 pounds, check out the recipe here.
Healthy Air Fryer Herbed Turkey Breast with Lemon Pepper
Keep the skin-on the turkey because it keeps the meat moist during air frying. Have a kitchen thermometer ready to check the internal turkey temperature to ensure it’s cooked.
- 3 pounds (1360 g) de-boned uncooked turkey breast *see recipe head note
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) oil
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) lemon pepper or dried herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt , or to taste
- Make sure the turkey breast is completely thawed or else it will not cook through. Pat the turkey dry.
- In a bowl or plastic bag, combine the oil, Worcestershire sauce, lemon pepper or herbs, and salt. Add the turkey to the marinade, making sure the marinade completely coats the turkey breast. If possible, marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Lightly spray or rub oil the air fryer basket. Remove the turkey from the marinade and place the turkey breast skin-side down in the air fryer basket.
- Air Fry at 350°F for 25 minutes. NOTE: To keep turkey breast from drying out (especially if it is skinless), spray the turkey top and edges with a little oil a couple times during cooking to keep it moist. It's like "basting" the turkey breast with oil. This is helpful if you have a bigger breast.
- Flip the turkey breast to skin side up, and Air Fry for another 25-35 minutes until internal temperature of turkey reaches 165°F in the thickest part. If you’re cooking bone-in turkey breast, cook for additional 5-10 minutes if needed.
- Allow the breast to rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve while warm.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Easy Recipes in Air Fryer
- Thanksgiving Whole turkey! check out our whole turkey in the air fryer recipe! We teach you how to make gravy too.
- Here’s a healthy air fryer chicken and broccoli “stir fry” recipe for you to enjoy.
- Air Fryer Herbed Chicken Breast recipe
- Stuffed Turkey Breast with Bacon, Kale/Spinach in the Air Fryer
- Happy Air Frying healthy foods to you all!
6 Comments on “Air Fried Turkey Breast with Lemon Pepper or Herbs”
Wow, the turkey turned out so juicy! I had a smaller turkey breast and it cooked a little quicker. I’m gonna use the air fryer method again to cook a turkey breast for Thanksgiving this year. Can’t wait!
The air fryer cooked my turkey breast perfectly and it helped to spray the turkey again with oil when I flipped it like you mentioned in the recipe. That was helpful. The herbs didn’t burn. Thanks for the recipe.
The turkey breast came out great. Loved the herbs you used to enhance the aroma and flavor.
Since starting keto dieting, this has been one of my favorite go-to recipes. The lemon pepper and herbs really gives the turkey a nice kick.
Really great recipe I stumbled upon just in time for Thanksgiving. The turkey (which I normally expect to come out dry) came out really good. Thanks for the recipe.
This recipe saved our Thanksgiving dinner. I’ve been adding it to our regular menu rotation at home even after the Holidays.