Air Fryer Turkey Melt Sandwich
Here’s a great way to enjoy a leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwich in the air fryer! Or you can use your favorite deli turkey meat. Add some turkey and your favorite melting cheese for a delicious grilled air fryer turkey melt. The cheese and crispy bread is a satisfying way to enjoy a leftover air fried turkey sandwich that’s cheesy!
Watch How to Make a Turkey Melt in the Air Fryer
Tip on How To Air Fryer Turkey Melt
- To ensure that the bread doesn’t fly off during air frying, use a tooth pick to secure the sandwich together.
- Make sure to remove the toothpick before eating! If your bread is really thin, it will blow off in the air fryer because of the hot circulating air. Use toothpicks to secure the sandwich during air frying. Remember to remove the toothpicks before eating.
- If you’re using soft sliced bread, the melt might crisp a little quicker than firm crusty loaf bread.
- If you’re using firm crusty loaf bread, the sandwich might take a little longer to melt the cheese, depending on how thick you cut the bread.
- Pre-sliced cheeses that are thin will melt quickly.
- Hand cut cheese from a block will take longer to melt if you cut the cheese too thick.
Is Deli Turkey OK for this Air Fryer Turkey Melt Sandwich?
Yes, it’s perfectly fine to cut deli turkey. So if you have some sliced deli turkey it’s great for this turkey grilled cheese. Or you can use ham as well, which is awesome. Air fryer ham and cheese sandwich is fantastic and another great way to mix up your sandwich-routine in the air fryer.
Best Bread for Turkey Grilled Cheese?
You can use sliced sandwich bread if you like. It’ll cook soft and tender, especially if you add some extra butter on both sides of the bread. We like using a sourdough sliced loaf for the flavor. Also, sliced loaf bread has a really crispy texture that we love. So you have two options for an excellent air fried sandwich.
Air Fryer Turkey Melt
- 2 slices bread
- Slices leftover turkey slices or deli meat
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- good melting cheese (American, Swiss, cheddar, Gruyere, etc.)
- Layer cheese and turkey slices in between bread. Butter outside of bread with butter. Secure the top slice of bread with toothpicks through the sandwich. Lay sandwich in air fryer basket.
- Air Fry at 360°F for about 3-5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Flip the sandwich and increase heat to 380°F to finish and crisp the bread. Air Fry at 380°F for about 5 minutes or until the sandwich is to your preferred texture. Check on the sandwich often to make sure it doesn't burn (different breads will toast quicker or slower than others). Allow to cool a bit before biting into the yummy grilled cheese sandwich!
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes:
- Here’s more easy Sandwich and Burger Recipes in the air fryer.
- Air Fryer Frozen Breakfast Sandwiches
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Thanksgiving recipes in the air fryer
- This recipe was originally published in 2019
- Hope you enjoy this air fried turkey sandwich recipe! Check out more of our great Turkey Recipes Here.