Air Fryer Shredded Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
Air Fryer Shredded Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole in an accessory pan is a great way to serve 2 people. These small portions cook quick too.
Air Fryer Shredded Hash Brown Casserole
Traditionally regular baked shredded hash brown breakfast casseroles are baked in big baking dishes for large servings. It’s great for a big family or if you’re having guests over for breakfast. But what about for just 1-2 people? Our air fried breakfast casserole version is perfect! You can easily cook a smaller portion of this popular morning meal faster. By using these accessory pans, you can cook so many great breakfast recipes in the air fryer with little fuss.
Is This A Make-Ahead Recipe?
Yes, you can make this ahead in the air fryer accessory pan. When you’re ready to cook it the next morning, allow it to come to room temperature for about 20 minutes. That way it’s not going into the air fryer cold. It helps to have the ingredients not too cold so it can cook all the way through evenly. If you want an oven baked version, here it is.
Different Breakfast Meats to Use
You can use any type of breakfast meat for this recipe. Or if you’re a vegetarian, just add some extra onions, bell peppers or even spinach.
- Crumbled Bacon – everyone loves bacon so adding some extra crispy cooked bacon on top is a real treat.
- Bulk Sausage – You can use bulk sausage or sausage in the casing (remove the meat from the casing). Just pre-cook it before you add it to the mix.
- Chopped Deli Ham: Nice chunks of salty ham is always a treat.
Air Fryer Shredded Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole with Bacon
- 1 cup (210 g) shredded hash browns , lightly packed
- 3 slices bacon , cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (58 g) sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (30 g) cheese
- 1/4 diced red bell pepper
- salt , to taste
- pepper , to taste
- oil spray
- Coat the base of 6-8” accessory baking pan with oil spray. Spread hash browns in a single layer and spray with oil evenly over the hash browns. Divide the pieces of raw bacon on top of the hash browns. Place the filled baking pan in the air fryer basket/tray.
- Air Fry at 380°F/195°C for 10 minutes. Stir the mixture and continue Air Frying at 380°F/195°C for 2-3 minutes until the potatoes are cooked and bacon is crisp.
- In bowl combine eggs, sour cream, milk, cheese, bell pepper, salt, and pepper. After the hash browns and bacon are crisped, pour egg mixture into the hash brown pan.
- Lower temperature and Air Fry at 320°F/160°C for about 12-15 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- If eggs are not completely set, then turn off the air fryer and leave the casserole in the air fryer for about 5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).