Air Fryer Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole with Kielbasa Sausage
Easy Air Fryer Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole recipe in an air fryer accessory pan is a great way to serve 2 people. It’s a great way to cook smaller portions of this popular morning air fried tater bake.
Air Fryer Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole recipe
You’re going to love this no fuss and easy tater tot breakfast casserole bake recipe in the air fryer! Traditionally tater tot casseroles are baked in big baking dishes for large servings. Perfect for weekend breakfast and great for a big family or if you’re having guests over for brunch. What if you only want to serve small portions for 1-2 people? Thisr air fried tater tot bake version is perfect! You can easily cook a smaller portion of this popular morning meal faster. By using these accessory pans, you can cook smaller servings quick and easy!
Can you Make This Recipe Ahead of Time?
It’s super easy to make this ahead in the air fryer accessory pan. Just make sure to allow this to come to room temperature a bit in the morning before cooking. Allow it to come to room temperature for about 20 minutes. That way it’s not going into the air fryer cold. It helps to have the ingredients not too cold so it can cook all the way through evenly. You want to make sure the eggs cook all the way through.
What Meats Can You Use? Or Vegetarian?
- You can use cooked crumbled bacon or cooked sausage. Just add it in the same step you would with the kielbasa.
- Yes, you can make this vegetarian and not use meat at all.
- Vegetarian vegetable options: You can add some cooked onion, diced green onions, small diced bell pepper or raw spinach. Just add it to the mix before air frying to make sure the veggies get to cook during the same time as the egg.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
- What exactly are tater tots or potato puffs? Here’s a great explanation about things you didn’t know about tater tots.
Great Accessory Pans and Kits for This Recipe
Air Fryer Tater Tot Breakfast Bake with Kielbasa Sausage
- 24 frozen tater tots , (potato puffs) approximately
- 5 inches (13 cm) kielbasa or pre-cooked sausage link , sliced 1/2-inch thick (about 1/4 lb.(113g) worth)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (30 g) cheese
- 3 green onions , chopped
- salt , to taste
- pepper , to taste
- oil spray
- Coat the base of 6-8” accessory baking pan with oil spray. Spread tater tots and sausage slices in an even layer and spray with oil.
- Air Fry the tots and sauage at 380°F/195°C for 5 minutes.
- In bowl beat together the eggs, sour cream, milk, cheese, green onions, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture into pan with the tater tots and sausage. Gently spread egg mixture to coat in-between tater tots & sauage.
- Lower temperature and Air Fry at 320°F/160°C for about 10 minutes. Gently poke holes or stir the center of the bake so the raw egg can float to the top. Continue Air frying for another 5-7 minutes OR until the eggs are set to your liking. If needed, leave the bake in the air fryer to continue cooking in the residual heat while the air fryer is turned off. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).