Air Fried Frozen Tater Tots or Potato Puffs
How to Cook Air Fried Frozen Tater Tots (potato puffs)
Once you make frozen tater tots in the air fryer, you’ll never want to cook them any other way. Promise! Air fryer tater tots are amazing: the texture is crispy, perfect without all the oil. You really don’t need to add extra oil spray at all because the frozen tater tots already have oil in them. But if you decide to spray with oil, the tater tots will just have a more “crispy deep fried” texture. Add your favorite dip to a plate of these and you’ll have the best snack ever. Air frying these potato puffs or tater tots gives an incredible crunch that the traditional big oven doesn’t.
Video: Air Fryer Tater Tots:
Can you cook air fried frozen tater tots in the air fryer?
Yes! Check out the photos below. There’s so many different sizes of tater tots or potato puffs. Also, each air fryer cooks a little differently. So you’ll have to adjust time and temp accordingly. Just use our temperature recommendations below and keep checking the potatoes. Once you cook your first batch, you’ll know what is the best time for your style of air fryer, potato puffs or tots.
Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots (Puffs)
- 1 lb. (454 g) Frozen Tater Tots (Potato Puffs, etc.)
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Place the frozen tots (puffs)in the air fryer basket and spread out evenly. No oil spray is needed.
- Air Fry at 400°F/205°C for 5-8 minutes. Shake and gently stir about halfway through cooking. If cooking larger batches, or if your tots (puffs) don't cook evenly, try turning them multiple times on following batches.
- If needed air fry at 400°F/205°C for an additional 1-3 minutes or until crisped to your liking. Season with salt & pepper, if desired.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen - Do not thaw first.
- Shake or turn if needed. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, they might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Check out more french fry recipes here.