Air Fryer Crispy Garlic Potatoes
These air fried potatoes are so crispy and a game changer! First of all, these potatoes cook so crispy and perfectly. Second of all, these amazing air fryer potatoes cook so much faster than a conventional oven.
Easy Air Fried Roast Potatoes Recipe
There’s no waiting to pre-heat a large oven when you’re air frying. Just oil and season the potatoes, and cook in the air fryer. Before you know it, the potatoes are done and they turn out amazing! We’ve never had these crispy results so quick in the regular oven. Learning how to cook these easy crispy poetess is the way to go!
Watch the Video making Crispy Potatoes in the Air Fryer
How to Cook Crispy Potatoes in Air Fryer
- In a bowl, Add little oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper to potatoes
- Air fry the potatoes. After the first toss/shake you won’t see much color change.
- After the second toss/shake you’ll see it start to crisp. If you want it more crispy, then toss one more time or cook for a few more minutes.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Best Potatoes to Air Fry?
- Russet potatoes are great because of their high starch content and crispy outside texture.
- We love yukon gold or any gold variety of potatoes. They are so creamy and tender. Air frying these are awesome.
- White potatoes are great too.
- Fingerling potatoes are fantastic! Cut them them in half lengthwise so they can cook quicker and all the way through.
- Red potatoes are waxy and don’t crisp up that well. They’re lowest on our list.
Air Fryer Crispy Roast Potatoes
- 1 pound (454 g) potatoes , scrubbed and dried
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Oil for coating , or spray
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- Salt , to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- Wash fresh potatoes. Cut potatoes into small bite sized pieces. Add potatoes to bowl and coat with oil or cooking spray.
- Sprinkle garlic powder over potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Add what ever spices you like.
- Air Fry at 380°F for 20-25 minutes, shaking and tossing halfway through cooking. If needed, toss a third time to get all edges of potatoes evenly crisped. It's so good!
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
You’ll Love these Other Great Recipes
- Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Crunchy & Healthier Air Fryer Homemade Potato Chips
- Sweet Potato Chips in the Air Fryer
- Air Fried Frozen Tater Tots or Potato Puffs
If you made this recipe please let us know in the comments below. We love hearing about your results. And if you have a photo, please share with us on social media. We wanna see! Try our air fried sweet potato fries here. Here’s more great potato recipes.
9 Comments on “Air Fryer Crispy Garlic Potatoes”
Great for making home style breakfast potatoes. I added some cheese on top and served with scrambled eggs. Perfect!
This is a much healthier alternative. And they came out crisp with less oil. Thanks for the recipe.
Excellent, I made them spicy with thyme, basil, Cheyenne, salt pepper. I paired them with spinach scrambled eggs. Yummm
The pairing sounds great. What a wonderful breakfast!
I was thinking of running a potato through my spiralizer and then air frying it. I just have no idea of time and temperature. I can use your recipe for seasoning, but could you suggest time and temperature?
Hi Linda, we would suggest using the same temperature and time as the recipe. But just check it and turn it more often to make sure all the spirals crisp. Then you can adjust time to your preferred crispness.
I made this for my omelets. It came out perfect and crispy.
I made these they were delicious and good and crunchy. I give this 100%
Thanks so much Joyce! So glad you enjoyed the crispy potatoes. If you could give us a 5-star review that would be appreciated!