Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Air fryer Sweet potato fries are so great. We love these healthy fries for so many reasons. First of all, there’s not much oil you need and way less than deep frying them. Cooking them in the air fryer is so much healthier too. Second of all, they don’t have all the calories and fat from being deep fried. And finally, they’re super easy to make in the air fryer!
Easy Air Fried Sweet Potato Fries
You just need some olive oil, salt, pepper and sweet potatoes. Normally, sweet potatoes rarely every “crisp”, so we like to cook them until they are dark for maximum flavor. The darker brown color is amazing caramelized flavor. Add some of your favorite dip and you have a wonderful snack or side dish!
How to Cook Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
- First, wash the sweet potatoes. We like to have the skin-on because it creates more of a crisp. But you can peel them if you want.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into thin strips. Toss with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add fries to the air fryer basket. Gently toss and flip the fries a few times during cooking.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below that you can print out.
Watch the Video Making Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
did you make any of our recipes? Please share because we’d love to see and know more! Leave a comment below or share your photo with us on our social media channels. Thanks so much friends and happy cooking!
Air Fryer Sweet Potato French Fries
- 1 pound (454 g) sweet potatoes , cut into 1/4” french fry size
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) olive oil
- salt , to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) garlic powder , optional
- ground black pepper , to taste
- We like to keep the skin-on for crispier fries. But you can peel the sweet potatoes if you want. Wash and dry the sweet potatoes completely. Cut the sweet potatoes into french fry size and thickness. Keep them same sized as possible for even cooking.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes in a bowl and then lightly coat them with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper (and/or garlic powder) evenly over the sweet potatoes. Genlty toss to evenly coat all the fries with oil and seasonings.
- Lay the sweet potatoes in the air fryer basket and spread them into an even layer.
- Air Fry at 380°F for about 18-22 minutes. A couple times during cooking, gently shake the basket, turn or toss the sweet potatoes to help them cook evenly. Try not to break them. For crisper potatoes, shake them again and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes or until they are your desired texture and doneness.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
More Air fryer Sweet Potato Recipes: