Air Fryer Pork Belly Bites with BBQ Sauce
If you’re a fan of crispy pork belly you’ll love these Crispy Air Fryer Pork Belly Bites Recipe with BBQ Sauce! These air fried pork belly bites are so crispy and fantastic. During our first recipe test, everyone in the test kitchen devoured the whole batch!
Easy Air Fried Pork Belly Bites Recipe
Crispy and mouth watering bites of crispy pork belly were drizzled with bbq sauce and was super delicious! These bites were finger licking good. Because pork belly is so rich, enjoying these in small bites is perfect! The air fryer makes the pieces of pork belly super crispy with a fantastic flavor. This is a game changer and it’s hard to cook pork belly now in anything else other than the air fryer.
Watch the Video making the Pork Belly Bites in the Air Fryer
How to Make Pork Belly in Air Fryer
- If needed, remove skin from pork belly. We cooked our bites without the skin. Cut into small bite sized pieces.
- Make sure to pre-heat the air fryer. This will give the pork a nice sear on the outside.
- Add salt and seasonings to the pork belly pieces. Air fry and toss/turn the pork belly about 2 times during cooking.
- Add bbq sauce. Or if you have another favorite sauce like hot sauce, sweet and sour sauce and sticky soy sauce it’s delicious!
- Timing will vary depending on how fatty our pork belly is and how big you cut the pieces. So after your first try, you’ll know more of what the best timing is for your personal preference.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Can You Use Pork butt or Pork Shoulder?
Definitely yes! Cubes of pork butt or pork shoulder cook crispy and amazing too. There’s enough fat to meat ratio that makes these juicy and not dry. Cooking time will vary depending on how much fat there is. So after you make your first batch, you’ll know more of what timing is best for your preferred liking.
Try our popular–> Air Fryer Pork Chop Bites with Mushrooms Recipe
Air Fryer Pork Belly Bites
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 400°F for 4 minutes. This will give the pork bites a really good sear.
- If needed, remove the skin from the pork belly. Cut the pork belly into 3/4” sized cubes and place in a bowl. Season with Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Spread the pork belly in even layer in air fryer basket.
- Air Fry at 400°F for 10-18 minutes, shaking and flipping and the pork belly 2 times through cooking process (time depends on your preferred doneness, thickness of the pork belly, size & cooking intensity of your air fryer).
- If you want it more done, add an extra 2-5 minutes of cooking time. Check the pork belly to see how well done it is cooked.
- Season with additional salt & pepper if desired. It needs a good amount of seasoning to bring out the flavors. Drizzle with optional bbq sauce if desired. Serve warm.
- If using a large air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- If cooking in multiple batches (if you have a small air fryer or are doubling the recipe), the first batch will take longer to cook if Air Fryer is not already pre-heated.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).