Air Fryer Sweet Potato Rolls, Buns : 2-ingredients, No Yeast
Air Fried Sweet Potato Rolls or Buns
You saw it here first! We scoured online and through waybackmachine archives and we’re the first to publish this 2-ingredient, no yeast sweet potato bread in the air fryer. These air fryer sweet potato rolls are perfect because you don’t need yeast and only require 2 ingredients. This recipe for quick and easy buns, rolls or small breads without yeast is right here. All you need is mashed sweet potato and self rising flour. Or if you don’t have self rising flour, you can use all purpose flour and baking powder. It’s super easy to make and the texture is really delicious. The rolls are soft and tender and very satisfying when you need a warm rolls quickly. They’re amazing when they’re warm out fo the air fryer with a swipe of butter. You can also use this easy 2-ingredient recipe for sandwich buns or small sliders or burgers.
Video: Recipe for Air Fried Sweet Potato Buns
How to Make No Yeast Air Fryer Sweet Potato Rolls
Follow our easy step by step photos and details in the recipe box below. We’ve had many questions about using regular white potatoes for these rolls. It doesn’t work. We tried it twice and the white potato is just too day. When we added some milk and baking powder to the white potato mix, the rolls came out tough and hard. So it’s better to stick to sweet potatoes because of the softness of the potato.
Air Fryer 2-Ingredient Sweet Potato Rolls: No Yeast
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato , mashed
- 1 cup self rising flour
- oil spray , for basket & rolls
- In bowl, combine sweet potato and flour. Stir with a fork until a dough ball forms. Make sure to scrape all the flour and sweet potato along the sides of the bowl.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the soft dough ball for about 1 minute, or until smooth. Don’t keep adding too much flour to the dough or else it will be tough and hard. You want to keep the dough soft and pliable, so don’t over-knead it.
- Cut the dough into 6 equal pieces. Roll the dough between your hands to form 6 balls. Let the dough balls rest for about 30 minutes (they will also rise slightly).
- Spray air fryer basket or tray with oil. Gently place dough balls in the basket, evenly spaced apart. Lightly spray the tops of the dough balls with oil.
- Air Fry at 330°F/165°C for 10-14 minutes or until the rolls are cooked through. Allow to cool and serve with butter or as small slider or sandwich buns.
Here’s all our great air fryer recipes for you to enjoy!