Air Fryer Hot Crab Dip
Delicious and creamy air fryer crab dip is a great appetizer! For holidays, parties or game day, our air fried hot crab dip recipe is hard to resist.
Easy Air Fryer Crab Dip Recipe
This is one of our favorite appetizer recipes in the air fryer. Best of all, our air fryer crab dip is super easy to make. We’ve figured out a way to make sure the whole dip cooks through evenly. We used this technique on our air fryer spinach dip recipe too. You saw it here first! As this technique wasn’t found anywhere else online when we first developed it.
Video: Air Fryer Hot Crab Dip
Tips on How to Make Air Fryer Hot Crab Dip
- Use a quality chunky brand of lump crab. The flavor and texture will be much better. Or if you are using the canned brand, you can double the amount of crab for more flavor. Here’s a survey of the best crab meat in a can.
- Each air fryer cooks differently, so monitor the dip so the top doesn’t burn. That’s why our recipe tells you to stir the dip at twice during cooking.
- Hot sauce is nice! Add some red chili flakes or hot sauce to the dip if you love spicy dips!
- All air fried hot crab dip recipe details are in the recipe box below.
What to Serve with Crab Dip?
Crackers or grilled bread is fantastic and filling too. For a low carb or keto version, serve the hot crab dip with vegetables! Pretzels also are great too for that extra crunch factor and salt. Celery, carrots, bell peppers and sliced cucumbers are a few examples of how to make the dip more keto friendly.
Can you Make-Ahead Air Fryer Crab Dip?
Yes, you definitely can! Just make the mixture and add the raw mixture to the air fryer bucket or vessel. Refrigerate the filled vessel up to 3 days before cooking. When you’re ready to cook, take the dip out of the fridge about 2 hours before air frying. This will allow the dip to come to room temperature. Then air fry the dip and you’re ready to serve! Also, if you’re serving the dip with veggies then you can prep the veggies the day ahead too. That way, everything is prepped and all you need to do is to air fry.
Air Fryer Hot Crab Dip
- 6.5 oz. (184 g) lump crab meat *see headnote, drained if necessary
- 8 oz. (227 g) cream cheese (1 package), softened
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 medium onion , diced
- 4 green onions , chopped
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (240 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (50 g) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) minced parsley , for garnish
- 4 wedges fresh lemon , for squeezing
- Chips, crackers, bread or for gluten-free serve with vegetables
- Spray the baking dish *see note below* with cooking spray or olive oil.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese, lemon juice, onions, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, mayo, parmesan cheese and black pepper. Gently fold in lump crab meat until it's combined into the cheese mixture.
- Add the dip mixture into the baking dish. Place at the baking dish into the air fryer basket/tray.
- Air Fry at 300°F/150°C for 20 minutes. After cooking for 20 minutes, stir the dip.
- Continue Air Frying at 300°F/150°C for 10 minutes. Stir the dip again.
- Increase heat to 340°F/170°C and then continue air frying for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with minced parsley. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite chips, crackers, bread or vegetables. Add a side of lemon wedges if you want if anyone wants to squeeze fresh juice on their serving.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).