Air Fryer Cheeseburger Dumplings or Potstickers
Yes, these air fryer cheeseburger dumplings or potstickers are not your traditional or classic fillings but they are tasty! Our whole kitchen team loves the beefy and cheesy flavors for the filling and it’s crazy good. We’re all addicted to crispy air fried cheeseburger potstickers snacks.
Air Fryer Cheeseburger Dumplings or Potstickers
Once you bite into these crispy Asian inspired bites. you can enjoy your cheeseburger cravings in a different way! The hot circulating air of the air fryer helps make these less greasy than deep frying. It’s a great way to enjoy this easy appetizer without all the greasy calories. It’s such a treat to eat these knowing that they are a little “healthier” by air frying. A platter of these will a hit at your next party or game day gathering! Best of all, the dip possibilities just make these little gyozas even more delicious!
Tips on How To Make Potstickers or Dumplings:
- We like to use the round dumpling wrappers (or sometimes called gyoza, potsticker wrappers).
- Don’t fill to much filling into the wrapper. You won’t be able to fold it over and seal the dumpling. You don’t want these air fryer cheeseburger dumplings to explode or burst.
- You can use water to seal the ends. Sometimes cooks used a beaten egg to seal the ends too. But we find that water works just as good. Save an egg!
- Spray enough oil on both sides so the dumplings get a nice crispy outside. If you don’t use enough oil spray, the wrapper gets dry, hard and tough.
Air Fryer Dumplings are a Great Appetizer
These are crispy, delicious and super fun to make and serve. They’re one of ours most popular appetizer dishes because it’s hard to not just eat one! Serve with a ketchup, mustard amen bbq sauce and you’ll make everyone happy. Hope you enjoy our air fried cheeseburger dumplings!
Air Fryer Cheeseburger Dumplings/Potstickers
- 1 pound (454 g) beef *see head note
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 small onion , minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) kosher salt , or to taste
- freshly grated black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (170 g) grated cheese , whatever you prefer – Cheddar, swiss, blue cheese, etc.
- 10 slices pickles (optional) , diced (dill or sweet depending on preference)
- water , to seal wrappers
- 24-30 (about) dumpling wrappers
- oil or oil spray , for coating rolls
- ketchup, mustard, &/or bbq sauce , for dipping
Make the Dumpling Filling
- Cook the filling: Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and then add the onion Cook for about 1-2 minutes or until softened. Add the ground beef, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the beef is browned and cooked through. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- After the beef has cooled, stir in the cheese and optional diced pickles.
How to Roll and Air Fry
- Using dumpling wrappers, add about 2 teaspoons of filling in middle of each dumpling wrapper. Dip your finger in water, then spread over edge of wrapper. Gently fold the dumpling in half and press on the edges to seal the dumpling. Gently press out any excess air and flatten the dumpling as you seal it.
- Brush the top corner of the wrapper with water to help seal the wrapper end, and then finish rolling the dumpling. Repeat for all the dumplings. Brush or spray with oil to coat.
- Place the dumplings in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Try not to have them overlap or touch if possible.
- Air Fry at 360°F/182°C for about 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Cook until the wrapper is crispy and browned. If you use the larger wrapper cook a little longer so that all the layers can cook through to avoid being tough and chewy.
- Serve warm with ketchup, mustard, bbq for dipping.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Check out–>the Air Fryer Cheeseburger Egg Rolls here and All our Egg Roll & Dumpling Recipes Here and FROZEN Dumplings here.
Hope you enjoy these air fried cheeseburger potstickers. Here’s more great recipe dumpling ideas here.
4 Comments on “Air Fryer Cheeseburger Dumplings or Potstickers”
This was such a neat idea. I always thought it’d be hard to make dumplings on your own they came out perfectly
Kids fell in love with these dumplings. They’re always requesting for this. Great recipe. Thanks a bunch for the creative idea.
This is such a great idea! We love, love store-bought appetizers but to think how easy and cost-effective it is to make your own. The possibilities are endless. My question is do you have any suggestions on what to put in these so they can be frozen and heated up later?
HI Winniebbear, you can easily freeze these with the beef and cheese fillings. Enjoy!