Air Fryer Frozen Dumplings, Potstickers, Gyoza, Wontons
Air fried Frozen dumplings or pot stickers are fantastic! Wow, it’s so easy to re-heat frozen dumpling in the air fryer and it’s even easier to eat them quick. They’re so addicting, so be ready to eat a whole bag of these Air Fried Frozen Potstickers and don’t be surprised.
How to Re-Heat Air Fryer Frozen Dumplings
Air fried frozen dumpling are super easy. Just remember that you need to add oil spray on top of the frozen dumplings so that they cook crispy and not dry. If you don’t oil them enough, the wrappers will be dried out, tough and white while you try to cook the frozen insides. Basically you want to make sure the outside stays nice and crispy golden and cooked perfectly on the inside.
Tips on Cooking Frozen Dumpling in the Air Fryer
- Cook in just a single layer. Don’t stack the dumplings. Cook in batches if needed.
- Make sure to spray & completely coat the dumplings with oil so the wrapper gets crispy, not dry and hard.
- You don’t need to thaw the dumplings first. You can cook them straight from frozen.
Video: How to Cook Frozen Dumplings or Potstickers
Air Fried Frozen Potstickers, Dumplings, Gyoza, Wontons ? Are they the same thing?
- Potstickers, dumplings and gyoza are all basically the same style and shape when you buy them frozen. There’s so many variations on what different brands call their product.
- But generally potstickers, dumplings and gyoza are the same.
- There’s some brands that vary in styles that are more specific like shu-mai or steamed bun shapes. Those vary a lot in size and thickness, so you have to adjust cooking times accordingly.
- Here’s a visual guide to different dumpling shapes.
Air Fryer Frozen Dumplings (Gyoza, Potstickers)
- 12 Frozen Dumplings
- oil spray , to coat the dumplings
- Place the frozen dumplings in the air fryer basket and spread out into a single even layer. Spray liberally with oil to completely coat the dumplings.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for 8 minutes. Flip the dumplings over and continue to Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for another 2-6 minutes if needed or until they are your preferred doneness.
- Cook Frozen – Do not thaw first.
- Turn as needed. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, they might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to flip/turn as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Here’s some more great homemade dumpling recipes to try in your air fryer.