Air Fryer Frozen Dumplings, Potstickers, Gyoza, Wontons
Air fried Frozen dumplings or pot stickers are fantastic! Wow, it’s so easy to re-heat frozen dumpling in the air fryer and it’s even easier to eat them quick. They’re so addicting, so be ready to eat a whole bag of these Air Fried Frozen Potstickers and don’t be surprised.
How to Re-Heat Air Fryer Frozen Dumplings
Air fried frozen dumpling are super easy. Just remember that you need to add oil spray on top of the frozen dumplings so that they cook crispy and not dry. If you don’t oil them enough, the wrappers will be dried out, tough and white while you try to cook the frozen insides. Basically you want to make sure the outside stays nice and crispy golden and cooked perfectly on the inside.
Tips on Cooking Frozen Dumpling in the Air Fryer
- Cook in just a single layer. This allows air to cook between the potstickers or dumplings.
- Don’t stack the dumplings. They will definitely start to stick together if you do this. So be patient and air fry just enough to fill your basket or rack.
- Cook in batches if needed. If you’re wanting to cook a lot, you’ll need to cook in batches. But as you cook the next batches, timing will be less. The air fryer will already be hot so you won’t need as much air frying time.
- Make sure to spray & completely coat the dumplings with oil so the wrapper gets crispy, not dry and hard. The additional light spray of oil really helps to get the potstickers, gyoza or dumplings crispy.
- You don’t need to thaw the dumplings first. You can cook them straight from frozen.
- Pro-Tip: here’s our favorite tools to help make air frying easier:
We LOVE Evo Oil Sprayers. Not the prettiest, but they’re functional and spritz oil great! They don’t clog up like many others we’ve bought. There’s different styles, but all seem to have the same great spray head. Works great for grilling!
There are Square Mats & Round Mats. These perforated non-stick silicone mats are used to cook food in your air fryer or steamer to minimize sticking. Holes allow hot circulating air to cook the food & keeps the food from sticking.
Parchment sheets are great for your air fryer or bamboo steamer (food tends to stick most on wire basket or tray). Choose from different sizes, shapes, white and brown (unbleached). Holes allow air to cook food evenly.
Video: How to Cook Frozen Dumplings or Potstickers
Air Fried Frozen Potstickers, Dumplings, Gyoza, Wontons? Are they the same thing?
- Potstickers, dumplings and gyoza are all basically the same style and shape when you buy them frozen. There’s so many variations on what different brands call their product.
- But generally potstickers, dumplings and gyoza are the same.
- There’s some brands that vary in styles that are more specific like shu-mai or steamed bun shapes. Those vary a lot in size and thickness, so you have to adjust cooking times accordingly.
- Here’s a visual guide to different dumpling shapes.
Why did they burn?
All air fryers cook a little differently. If you need up with burnt potstickers or dumplings, try air frying them for a little less time. Start with the base 6 minutes and make sure to check them. If they need additional time just air fry them for 1 minute at a time. Also, did you add a little oil spray on them? The light oil spray definitely helps crisp them up without burning and drying them. out.
Try our homemade cheeseburger dumplings. They’re super delicious!
Air Fryer Frozen Dumplings (Gyoza, Potstickers)
- 12 Frozen Dumplings
- oil spray , to coat the dumplings
- Place the frozen dumplings in the air fryer basket and spread out into a single even layer. Spray liberally with oil to completely coat the dumplings. If you don't use oil spray the dumplings will cook dry and hard.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for about 6-8 minutes. Check after the first 6 minutes to make sure they don't burn. Some air fryers cook hotter than others.
- Flip the dumplings over and continue to Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for another 2-6 minutes if needed until crispy on the outside OR until they are cooked to your preferred doneness.
- Allow them to cool for a bit. Serve with soy sauce or your favorite dip.
- Cook Frozen – Do not thaw first.
- Turn as needed. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, they might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to flip/turn as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
You Might also Love these Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Snack Mix
- Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower Veggie Tots
- Crispy Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Check out–> All our Egg Roll & Dumpling Recipes Here
Here’s some more great homemade dumpling recipes to try in your air fryer.
15 Comments on “Air Fryer Frozen Dumplings, Potstickers, Gyoza, Wontons”
I’m loving how quick these dumplings were cooked. They also came out crispy which was really great.