Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower Veggie Tots
Frozen veggie tots cook perfectly and amazing in the air fryer! Most of the frozen veggie tots are made of riced cauliflower, which is lower carb and healthier than regular tater tots. The flavors of the cauliflower really come through and they’re a fantastic vegetarian snack that so many people enjoy. Air fryer frozen veggie tots have become a staple on our snacking list!
How to Cook or Re-Heat Frozen Cauliflower Veggie Tots in Air Fryer
It’s easy to air fry veggie tots from frozen and they come out super crispy and wonderful. Best of all, it’s so much faster to heat up a batch in the air fryer than the regular conventional oven. In fact after several tests, we found that the cauliflower veggie tots come out more crispy in the air fryer than the regular oven. This is the brand of veggie tots that we tested. All details, time and temp are in the recipe box below.
Tips for Cooking Frozen Veggie Tots in the Air Fryer
- Veggie tots all vary in size, vegetable type, thickness, and sometimes the coating so you’ll have to adjust timing.
- For smaller air fryers (less than 5qt.) 14 oz. is about the max without overcrowding the air fryer (you’ll often find them in 14oz bags). If you have a larger air fryer, you can cook more so long as the basket isn’t filled more than 1/2 full.
- The more you fill the basket the more frequently you’ll want to shake the basket to help them cook evenly.
- No oil spray is needed. They cook nicely without needing any extra oil
- There’s lots of different brands out there and most are about the same size. But some air fryer cook hotter than others, so you’ll have to adjust timing a bit.
- After you cook your first batch in your air fryer, you’ll know the best final time to cook them to your personal liking.
- See recipe box below for the details.
Video: Air Fried Frozen Veggie Tots
Air Fryer Frozen Veggie Tots
- 14 oz. (396 g) Frozen Veggie Tots
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Place the frozen veggie tots in the air fryer basket and spread out evenly. No oil spray is needed.
- Air Fry at 400°F/205°C for 5-8 minutes. Shake and gently stir about halfway through cooking. If cooking larger batches, or if your veggie tots don't cook evenly, try turning them multiple times on following batches.
- If needed air fry at 400°F/205°C for an additional 1-3 minutes or until crisped to your liking. Season with salt & pepper, if desired.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen – Do not thaw first.
- Shake or turn if needed. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, they might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).