Healthy Air Fryer Cauliflower
Our healthy air fryer cauliflower recipe is a low carb vegetable side dish or snack for lunch and dinner. Within minutes, you can enjoy this low calorie cauliflower from the air fryer that’s loaded with flavor and texture.
Healthy Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe
One of our favorite ways to devour this keto friendly cauliflower recipe is on a salad or even in healthy tacos. The simple flavors and slightly crisp texture from air frying is fantastic. Add a handful of your favorite grated cheese for a keto air fryer cauliflower. You can customize the flavors with your favorite spices and seasonings. If you have a favorite jar of healthy sauce, just add a little drizzle to take this cauliflower to another level.
Video Healthy Cauliflower in the Air Fryer
How to Cook Air Fryer Cauliflower
- FRESH CAULIFLOWER: We love using fresh cauliflower because the flavor is better. If you like crispy cauliflower then the fresh version will get you the char and crisp.
- CAN YOU AIR FRY FROZEN CAULIFLOWER? Sure you can, but you’ll need to cook it a little longer and hotter around 380°F. The higher temperature will cook out out all the water from frozen cauliflower.
- CUSTOMIZE FLAVORS: Add your favorite seasonings to mix up this recipe! It’s great to use your favorite blend of seasonings or sauces.
- FRESH LEMON: Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for a bright pop of flavor. We love adding fresh lemon zest on the cauliflower too.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Make Ahead Recipe
If you want to meal prep this healthy air fryer cauliflower, you definitely can make it ahead of time. If you want to re-heat the cauliflower in the air fryer, just pre-heat the air fryer first for about 5 minutes at 360°F. Once the air fryer is pre-heated, cook the cauliflower for about 1-2 minutes or until it’s warmed to your liking.
Air Fryer Cauliflower with Garlic
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 1.5 lbs./680g), cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) vegetable oil , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder , or 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) kosher salt , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) black pepper , or to taste
- (optional) chopped parsley , for garnish
- Place the cut up cauliflower in a large bowl. In another bowl combine the oil, garlic powder (or minced garlic), salt, and pepper.Alternate seasoning: Don't combine the seasonings. Instead, in the following step, just add the oil and individual seasonings to the caulifower. (Both ways work fine, some cooks like to combine everythign first, others don't want to dirty an extra bowl. You chose how you like to cook).
- Pour about half of the seasoned marinade over the cauliflower. Toss and then repeat with the remaining seasonings (it helps season the cauliflower more evenly to mix in stages). Continue stirring the cauliflower until it completely soaks up all the marinade (there shouldn't be any marinade pooling at the bottom of the bowl).
- Put the cauliflower into air fryer basket and spread evenly in the basket.
- Air Fry at 360°F/180°C for 12-18 minutes, shake or gently turn half way. Cook to your desired tenderness and liking. Season with chopped parsely if desired.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Have you made this recipe or any of our recipes? Please share it in the comments below. We appreciate it! And if you want to share your photo on social media, tag us with your photo. We’d love to share it with our food community!