Air Fryer Breaded Broccoli Bites: Crispy & Tasty
Our Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli Bites recipe should be on your list to make soon! They’re breaded, crispy, crunchy and amazing as a snack or side dish. These are so delicious and addicting, expect to make a big batch.
Air Fryer Broccoli Bites recipe
What a great way to eat your veggies. This is a popular snack for kids because it’s a great way for them to enjoy their veggies more often! It doesn’t take long to make these crispy breaded broccoli bites in the air fryer and all you need to do is to add your favorite dip. This is a great air fried snack and are ready to devour within minutes. You’ll be wondering why you didn’t make them earlier.
Video: Air Fryer Crispy Broccoli Bites
This is a crispy and delicious version using bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. For a keto friendly version check out this great lower carb broccoli bites recipe.
How to Make Air Fryer Crispy Breaded Broccoli Bites
- Fresh Broccoli vs Frozen Broccoli: Try to use fresh broccoli, it tastes so much better and will be crispier! Sure you can use frozen broccoli, but you have to let it thaw and them drain all the water out of it. And using thawed frozen broccoli won’t be as as crispy because of all the moisture.
- Even cuts for even cooking: Make sure your broccoli cuts are all even sized for even cooking.
- Want to make this keto or low carb? Use crushed pork rinds, which is the most keto. You can buy them already pre-ground or grind pork rinds yourself in the food processor.
- Vegetarian low carb: You an also use almond flour or coconut flour. If you’re using those low carb flours, you have to spray the outside completely so the flour air fried crisp. If you leave any dry flour spots, they will be hard and not crispy.
- Refer to more recipe details in the recipe box below.
Air Fryer Crispy Breaded Broccoli Bites
- 1/2 pound (227 g) fresh broccoli , cut into bite sized pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt , or to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1/2 cup (54 g) bread crumbs (Italian style or Japanese panko)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- Optional Dips: hot sauce, ranch, bbq sauce, etc.
- Pre-heat air fryer at 360°F for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli to a bowl. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder evenly over broccoli. Add beaten egg to the broccoli and stir to coat the broccoli.
- In another bowl combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese Dip broccoli in the bread crumb mix and shake off excess. Spray all sides of the breaded broccoli with oil spray. Dry breading might fly around in air fryer and burn, so make sure to coat any dry spots.
- Spray air fryer basket or tray with oil and place broccoli in a single layer in the basket/tray.
- Air Fry at 360°F for 5-8 minutes. Gently flip and spray any dry spots with oil spray.
- Air Fry at 360°F for additional 3-5 minutes or until they are crispy golden brown OR to your preferred texture. Serve warm with your favorite dip.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).