Air Fried Corn Dogs
When our test kitchen air fried frozen corn dogs, we were all thrilled to see how easy it is to get them crispy and delicious. Once you start to air fry frozen corn dogs straight form the freezer, you’ll only want to cook it this way from now on. Air Fryer corn dogs are a game changer.
Can you cook Air Fryer Frozen Corn Dogs?
You literally just take the hard frozen corn dogs and within minutes in the air fryer, they come out wonderful without any extra oil. The corn bread texture on the outside is crispy delicious. Also, the hot dogs are warmed all the way through. It’s going to be a quick and easy way to get the kids a snack or easy dinner. It’s a no fuss way to get these on the table for the whole family!
Video making Frozen Corn Dogs in the Air Fryer (Mini-Corn Dogs too!)
Cooking Regular Stick Corn Dogs vs Mini Corn Dogs
- Both these sizes of corn dogs in the air fryer cook up perfectly and cook all the way through to the inside. Timing will vary between brands and sizes.
- Regular size corn dogs are pretty consistent between different brands. The mini corn dogs will have more variation so just monitor the timing in the air fryer and cook until they’re warmed and crispy.
- Use the same temperature for either regular corn dogs or mini corn dogs. Just use a couple minutes less time for the minis.
- The mini will fit in the air fryer baskets easier. For some air fryers, you may need to cut the stick down a little to fit in the basket.
- Cook both kinds of corn dogs in a single layer. Don’t stack them up in the air fryer. If you need to cook a bunch, cook in batches.
- If you’re air frying in a toaster style air fryer, timing will take a little longer. If you’re only air frying 1-2 corn dogs in a big air fryer, it will take a little longer to heat up. But do a test air fry first in your large air fryer with 1 corn dog. After the first time, you’ll know more of what the best timing is for your specific air fryer model.
- More details in the recipe box below with step-by-step pictures.
- Pro-Tip: here’s our favorite tools to help make air frying easier:
We LOVE Evo Oil Sprayers. Not the prettiest, but they’re functional and spritz oil great! They don’t clog up like many others we’ve bought. There’s different styles, but all seem to have the same great spray head. Works great for grilling!
There are Square Mats & Round Mats. These perforated non-stick silicone mats are used to cook food in your air fryer or steamer to minimize sticking. Holes allow hot circulating air to cook the food & keeps the food from sticking.
Parchment sheets are great for your air fryer or bamboo steamer (food tends to stick most on wire basket or tray). Choose from different sizes, shapes, white and brown (unbleached). Holes allow air to cook food evenly.
What Brand of Corn Dogs is Best?
Honestly, all the different brands are pretty much consistent in size. We tested the timing on Great Value brand of regular and mini corn dogs. So if you’re air frying corn dogs for the first time, try just one first. Use our suggested time and temp in our recipe box below. After that, you’ll know if you need to add or reduce timing based on our suggestions.
Air Fryer Frozen Corn Dogs
- 4 Frozen Corn Dogs (or about 12 oz. frozen mini corn dogs)
- Ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, ranch , or any of your favorite condiments
- Place the frozen corn dogs in the air fryer basket and spread out into a single even layer. (If you have a smaller air fryer, you may need to cut the stick a bit to allow the corn dog to lay flat. Don't have the corn dogs angled up towards the heating element). No oil spray is needed.
For Regular sized Corn Dogs:
- Air Fry at 370°F/188°C for 8 minutes. Flip the corn dogs over.
- Continue to Air Fry at 370°F/188°C for another 2-4 minutes or until heated through. Serve with your favorite condiments.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen – Do not thaw first.
- Shake or turn if needed. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches of corn dogs back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
Can you thaw the frozen corn dogs first?
You don’t need to thaw them first and it’s just easier to cook them frozen straight from the freezer. But if they happen to be thawed, cook them for half the recommended cooking time. Check on the corn dogs and add addition 1-2 minutes of air frying time until they are cooked to your preferred doneness.
More Best Dips for Air Fried Corn Dogs
- Try marinara sauce or pasta sauce! The tomatoey flavors are delicious with both regular size corn dogs and mini corn dogs. These are so much more flavorful than plain tomato sauce. Don’t use the cans of tomato sauce. Buy the seasoned pasta sauces.
- Classic ketchup : can’t go wrong with this classic
- Different types of mustard like dijon mustard, Colemans mustard and other flavored mustards.
- Savory bbq sauce : we love the flavors of the smoky bbq sauces
- hot sauce: the spicy dips are an awesome balance against the corn dogs! Use sriracha or even chili garlic crunch (chili crisp) for these air fried corn dogs
- Buttermilk ranch : this creamy dip is always a favorite
- blue cheese dip: the tangy, rich flavors of blue cheese are great.
- honey mustard sauce : sweet, tangy and always delicious
- tarter sauce isn’t just for seafood. Try it with these corn dogs from the air fryer
- Yup, thousand island dressing isn’t just for burgers!
You Also Love these other Snack and Hot Dog Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Awesome Air Fryer Hot Dogs – 3 Ways!
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Corn-on-The-Cob
- Air Fryer Corn on The Cob
- Parmesan Corn on the Cob with garlic
- Easy air fryer tater tots
- Chili cheese hot dogs in the air fryer
- You’ll love these air fryer pizza rolls from frozen
- More–> Air Fried Frozen Foods and All French Fries Recipes
- Hope you enjoy all our easy air fryer recipes!
Here’s a good looking homemade corn dog recipe for your regular oven. Have you tried air frying corn dogs before? If so, let us know what your results were in the comments below. We love reading and hearing more about your air frying experience. Thanks so much friends and Happy Air Frying!