Air Fryer Frozen Corn Dogs
When our test kitchen air fried frozen corn dogs, we were all thrilled to see how easy it is to get them crispy and delicious. Once you start to air fry frozen corn dogs straight form the freezer, you’ll only want to cook it this way from now on. You literally just take the hard frozen corn dogs and with in minutes in the air fryer, they come out wonderful without any extra oil. The corn bread texture on the outside is crispy delicious. Also, the hot dogs are warmed all the way through. It’s going to be a quick and easy way to get the kids a snack or easy dinner. It’s a no fuss way to get these on the table for the whole family!
Watch the Video making Frozen Corn Dogs in the Air Fryer (Mini-Corn Dogs too!)
Regular Stick and Mini Corn Dogs
Both these sizes of corn dogs in the air fryer cook up perfectly. Timing will vary between brands and sizes. But the regular size corn dogs are pretty consistent between different brands. The mini corn dogs will have more variation so just monitor the timing in the air fryer and cook until they’re warmed and crispy. More details in the recipe box below.
Air Fryer Frozen Corn Dogs
All air fryers are different and some cook much hotter than others. Once you cook your first batch of corn dogs, you’ll know more of what works for your model of air fryer and size of food. These were tested on basket style air fryers. Read more recipe notes below the recipe. Nutrition serving is based off of one regular corn dog will vary from brand to brand and will depend on the type of coating.
- 4 Frozen Corn Dogs (or about 12 oz. frozen mini corn dogs)
- Place the frozen corn dogs in the air fryer basket and spread out into a single even layer. (If you have a smaller air fryer, you may need to cut the stick a bit to allow the corn dog to lay flat. Don't have the corn dogs angled up towards the heating element). No oil spray is needed.
- For Regular sized Corn Dogs: Air Fry at 370°F/188°C for 8 minutes. Flip the corn dogs over and then continue to cook at 370°F/188°C for another 2-4 minutes or until heated through.
- For Mini sized Corn Dogs: Air Fry at 370°F/188°C for 6 minutes. Gently shake and flip the mini corn dogs over and then continue to cook at 370°F/188°C for another 2-4 minutes or until heated through.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen - Do not thaw first.
- Shake or turn if needed. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches of corn dogs back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the corn dogs might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss as directed in recipe.
Here’s a good looking homemade corn dog recipe for your regular oven.