Air Fried Frozen Pizza Rolls (Regular & Mini)
Wow, you are going to love air fried frozen pizza rolls. These are so good and quick. Crispy pizza rolls in the air fryer are way too easy and it’s hard to cook them any other way.
How to Long to Cook Air Fried Frozen Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
We start with 380° F, but timing changes depending on the size of the pizza roll. After a few minutes, these air fried pizza rolls are crispy and perfect. Just make sure to allow them to cool because they’re super hot in the inside. Our specific time and temperatures for the regular size and minis are below in the recipe box. There’s some step-by-step photos to help guide you as well.
Tips for Cooking Frozen Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Don’t over cook them. The filling will start to ooze/expode out. Every air fryer cooks a little differently so adjust for your particular make and model.
- Spread the pizza rolls out in a single layer. Don’t stack and put too many in the basket/tray. It’s better to cook in batches if needed.
- No Oil Spray is needed. The outsides cook up crispy without any extra spray. Just take them straight from the freezer to the air fryer and cook. No thawing and no oil spray.
- Let them rest a little before eating. The insides can be dangerously hot.
- See recipe box below for the details.
- Pro-Tip: here’s our favorite tools to help make air frying easier:
We LOVE Evo Oil Sprayers. Not the prettiest, but they’re functional and spritz oil great! They don’t clog up like many others we’ve bought. There’s different styles, but all seem to have the same great spray head. Works great for grilling!
There are Square Mats & Round Mats. These perforated non-stick silicone mats are used to cook food in your air fryer or steamer to minimize sticking. Holes allow hot circulating air to cook the food & keeps the food from sticking.
Parchment sheets are great for your air fryer or bamboo steamer (food tends to stick most on wire basket or tray). Choose from different sizes, shapes, white and brown (unbleached). Holes allow air to cook food evenly.
Video: Cooking Frozen Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
Best Brands of Pizza Rolls for Air Frying?
Here’s the brands we used, which are 3 different ones. There’s so many other brands out there to try. But used the classic Totino’s brand and the organic Annie’s brand.
- Annies Pizza Poppers
- Totino’s Pizza Rolls (pepperoni flavor regular size)
- Totini’s Mini Snack Bites (pepperoni flavor)
They all tasted great. There’s so many different brands out there and the pizza rolls vary in size and thickness. Also, air fryers cook different too as some cook hotter and quicker than others. So our time and temp is a starting point for you. You can test one first and see how it works for your specific model and type of pizza roll.
Air Fryer Frozen Pizza Rolls
- 18 (170 g) Frozen Pizza Rolls
- optional dipping sauce (marinara, cheese sauce, etc.)
- Place the pizza rolls in the air fryer basket and spread out in to a single even layer. Don't overcrowd the basket or else they won't cook evenly. No oil spray is needed.
For Regular Sized Pizza Rolls:
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for 6-10 minutes or until golden and nearly starting to ooze their filling. Shake and flip over about halfway through cooking.
For Mini Sized Pizza Rolls:
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for 5-8 minutes or until golden and nearly starting to ooze their filling. Shake and flip over about halfway through cooking.
- Let them rest for a couple minutes to cool off so the filling isn't dangerously hot. Be careful with that first bite! Serve with optional dipping sauce.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen – Do not thaw first.
- Shake or turn if needed. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches of pizza rolls back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the pizza rolls might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
Best Dip Ideas for Air Fried Pizza Rolls
There’s so many possibilities, we’re obsessed. Mix it up and change your dipping routine. It makes these pizza rolls taste different and with all the variety, there’s more excuses to eat pizza roll from the air fryer.
- Classic mustard and ketchup
- Simple marinara sauce or pasta sauce: these are so much more flavorful than plain tomato sauce. Don’t use the cans of tomato sauce. Buy the seasoned pasta sauces.
- Smoky bbq sauce : we love the flavors of the smoky bbq sauces
- Tantalizing hot sauces: the spicy dips are an awesome balance against the rich pizza rolls! Use sriracha or even chili garlic crunch (chili crisp) for these air fried pizza rolls.
- Buttermilk ranch : this creamy dip is always a favorite
- Flavorful blue cheese dip: the tangy, rich flavors of blue cheese are great.
- Tangy honey mustard sauce : sweet, tangy and always delicious
- Creamy or chunky tarter sauce isn’t just for seafood. Try it with these pizza rolls from the air fryer
- We love thousand island dressing! It isn’t just for burgers!
You Might also Love these Great Air Fryer Snacks & Pizza Recipes
- Check out all our Air Fryer Pizza Recipes Here
- Air Fryer Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Frozen Pizza (Personal Size)
- Using pre-made crust is easy!
- How to Reheat Leftover Pizza in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls with Chicken, Vegetables
- More–> Air Fried Frozen Foods and All French Fries Recipes
Here’s a great homemade pizza rolls recipe. We love hearing from you! If you made any of these please let us know in the comments below. And if you have a photo, please share it with us on our Facebook and Instagram page! We love sharing it with our food community. Thanks so much friends. And happy cooking and eating to you and your family! This recipe was originally published in February 2020.