Air Fryer Parmesan Corn with Garlic
When sweet fresh corn is in season, it’s time to make air fryer parmesan corn with garlic. The flavors of air frying corn is very similar to a lightly grilled corn. We’re fans of this method for sure!
Air Fryer Parmesan Corn Recipe
We’re obsessed with air frying corn and it’s obvious with our corn recipes in the air fryer. The classic combination of garlic parmesan on air fried corn on the cob is a perfect match. If you’ve never cooked corn in the air fryer before, you have to give it a try. The crispy, plump kernels of corn cook quick and easy. The flavor is very reminiscent of grilling the corn if you don’t have a grill.
Video: Air Fryer Parmesan Corn
Can You Use Frozen Corn?
If you have access to fresh corn on the cob, this is the best ever. Fresh corn is so sweet and juicy. But if you can only find frozen corn, then this recipe still works. Just air fry the frozen corn straight from the freezer. It might take a few more minutes than cooking with fresh corn. You can also thaw the corn first, which doesn’t take extra cooking time. Thawed frozen corn might be quicker to air fry than fresh corn because the frozen thawed corn already might already be cooked. So you’re basically just heating up the thawed corn on the cob.
Tips for Air Frying Corn
- If you have a small air fryer that doesn’t fit the whole corn on the cob, then break the corn in half. Air fry the halves with the same recipe timing below.
- Butter choice: Salted butter is already seasoned so if you’re using unsalted butter, no need to add extra salt unless you like your corn on the cob salty.
- Different grates of parmesan: Grated parmesan sticks better to the corn than shredded parmesan. The shredded texture is usually thicker and has a harder time sticking than the grated parmesan.
- Fresh vs dried garlic: Our recipe calls for using garlic powder, which is simple and gives great flavor. But if you want to use fresh minced garlic, then add it towards the last 2-3 minutes of air frying. If you add the minced fresh garlic at the beginning, it might burn by the time the corn is cooked.
- Add some drizzles of hot sauce on top if you like spicy. It’s so good with a few squirts of sriracha hot sauce.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
VEGAN CORN ON THE COB VERSION (Plant Based)
Want to make this vegan if you don’t want to use butter or cheese? Yes, there’s a vegan plant based option! Use brewers yeast or nutritional yeast instead of cheese for a vegan option. Make sure to use vegan butter like Miyoko’s for a 100% plant based version. There’s lots of different plant based butter and toppings out there to enjoy!
Air Fryer Parmesan Corn with Garlic
- 3 ear (3 ear) fresh corn , shucked and cleaned
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) butter , softened
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) garlic powder , or to taste
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup (25 g) grated Parmesan , or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) chopped parsley
- Shuck and clean the corn. For smaller air fryers, cut the corn in half. For other air fryers, just trim the ends of corn to fit into your air fryer basket/tray if necessary.
- Coat the corn with softened butter. Season with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Place in the air fryer basket/tray in a single layer. If needed, air fry in batches to keep the corn in a single layer.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for 10 minutes. Flip the corn.
- Continue Air Frying for 3-8 minutes more or until corn is tender and cooked to your preference. (Cooking time will depend on size of corn, how full air fryer basket is, & different models/sizes of air fryers).
- Remove the corn from the air fryer basket/tray. Generously coat with parmesan and parsley. Serve warm.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).