Air Fryer Pizza with Raw Pizza Dough
Our air fryer pizza recipe using raw pizza dough works! You saw it here first! We perfected this technique to solve the problem of soggy, raw pizza in the air fryer. We’re so excited to show you how we make easy air fryer pizza.
Homemade and Easy Air Fryer Pizza Recipe
If you’re craving easy homemade pizza, try air frying. The results from air frying pizza are fantastic, quick and simple. When we say homemade, we’re talking about using raw pizza dough. Whether it’s store bought raw dough or homemade fresh dough, the air fryer makes the crust crispy quick. The hot circulating air in these smaller appliances really makes the crust delicious and best of all, super quick. If you’re wanting to make just one or two personal pizzas, air frying is the way to go.
No More soggy crust
If you’ve tried making air fryer pizza using raw pizza dough without success, we figured this problem out. All these other recipes online just say to put the raw dough in the air fryer then add the toppings. There is just no way for the dough to cook through all the way. Results are always soggy, half cooked pizza dough. The concept of the air fryer is to cook food hot and fast, but if you don’t pre-cook the dough first then you get soggy crusts. So we’ve figured out the issue and learn that air frying the raw dough first then adding the toppings is WAY better.
Video: Homemade Air Fryer Pizza
How to Make Crispy Air Fryer Pizza with Raw Pizza Dough (Tips)
- Like we mentioned above, you must air fry the dough first on both sides.
- How thick or thin you roll the dough determines how long it will take to cook. We made our rather thin enough to handle without tearing. The thin crust cooks quicker and crispier.
- Remember to air fry both sides of the raw dough before laying all the toppings.
- If you’re adding meat toppings, make sure they’re pre-cooked.
- Have fun with different sauces and toppings. The possibilities are endless.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
- Pro Tip: Use an air fryer rack that fits your air fryer to keep the toppings from flying around. The hot circulating air can blow your cheese and toppings off the pizza. These racks are great to hold the toppings down as they finish cooking
Enjoy a Pizza Party with Friends on the weekend!
Have an awesome pizza party with your air fryer. It’s so much fun to have a pizza bar and let everyone customize their own pizzas. Lay out your toppings, different sauces and cheeses. Everyone can make their own and you can manage the air fryer and cook the pizzas for them. Or have one person in charge of air frying so that all the pizzas cook the same and won’t burn.
- If you’re having alot of people over, we suggest pre-air frying the raw dough first. Make small personal crusts ahead of time, then when everyone arrives they just have to add sauce and toppings.
- Or you can air fry a larger one if you have a larger air fryer. Again, pre-air fry the crust so they’re ready to go. Then all you do is to decide what toppings you want and rotate so each hot pizza has a different topping. This allows you to serve warm pizza.
- Pizza Sauce Options: Red pizza sauce, white Alfredo sauce, bbq sauce, pesto, or any sauce that you like.
- Wanting a low carb sauce option? Here’s a low carb keto pizza sauce recipe homemade.
- Shredded cheese options: Mozzarella, cheddar, parmesan, Mexican blend, pepper jack
- Meat Toppings: pepperoni, cooked sausage, cooked bacon, cooked diced ham, cooked leftover or roast chicken
- Vegetarian or Vegan Pizza: sliced mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, jalapeños, pineapple chopped sun dried tomatoes in oil, fresh basil
Air Fryer Pizzas from Raw Dough
- 1/2 cup pre-made Raw Pizza Dough
- 1/4 cup (30 ml) Pizza Sauce or tomato sauce
- 3 Tablespoons (25 g) shredded Cheese
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Pepperoni, cooked Sausage, cooked Bacon pieces, cooked diced Ham, sliced or diced Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Pineapple, etc.
Other Sauce Options
- BBQ Sauce, Salsa, White (Alfredo) Sauce, Pesto, etc.
- Air Fryer Rack optional
- Preheat Air Fryer at 380°F/193°C for 4-5 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, flatten and stretch the dough to round shape. Make sure dough is not too thin or it will tear, about 1/4-inch thick is best. Dust with a little more flour if needed to keep from sticking.
- Spray oil air fryer basket or rack. Lay shaped dough on the basket/rack and poke a few holes in the dough with a fork.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for about 2-4 minutes. Flip the crust over.
- Continue to Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for another 2-4 minutes until crust is lightly golden. (if you want the crust extra crispy – air fry each side a couple minutes more).
- Spread the sauce over the pizza crust. Top with cheese and preferred toppings. Spray top of pizza with light oil spray.
- To keep your topping from flying around, place an air fryer rack over the pizza.
- Air Fry the pizzas at 380°F/193°C for 3-5 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Remove from the air fryer and allow to cool for a minute or two before eating.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
4 Comments on “Air Fryer Pizza with Raw Pizza Dough”
use naan bread and they come out primo
Hi Jack! We totally agree about naan. It’s definitely one of our favorite ways to make quick pizza. We have the recipe here too: https://airfryerworld.com/air-fryer-pizza-recipes/
Wow, this pizza recipe is really good. The raw dough cooked so well in the air fryer and the kids absolutely love it.
Worked great in my 4 qt. air fryer for a single pizza made with some leftover pizza dough, marinara sauce, mozzarella and parm. cheeses. Quick, easy, and yummy. Note that you do need to hover over the air fryer while the dough cooks and then again while the toppings melt. Could prove to be a real time eater if your air fryer can accommodate only one pizza at a time and you’re feeding more than two.