Homemade Air Fryer French Fries
Yes, it’s totally possible to eat fresh homemade French fries without deep frying them in oil. Try to learn how to air fry French fries using the air frying method! It’s a great snack for the whole family and the kids will especially love these air fryer french fries.
Best Air Fryer French Fries Recipe
Wow, these air fryer french fries are so delicious! To satisfy your french fry cravings, these homemade air fried french fries in the air fryer will surely satisfy without all the greasy guilt. They turn out crispy and delicious, without using a ton of oil! The texture is like a crisp roasted potato that’s way healthier than the greasy deep fried crunch.
Crispy Air Fried French Fries without Deep Fried Oil
It’s hard to believe, but it’s true. Homemade air fried french fries are so easy to make and wow, they hardly need any oil at all! They aren’t drenched in oil and aren’t exactly like oil fried potatoes. Instead, these air fryer french fries are still crispy and wonderful without all the fat from oil. One pound of potatoes only uses two teaspoons of oil when cooked in the air fryer, that’s it! French fries cooked in the air fryer tastes like a crispy roasted french fry, slightly dry but totally less greasy. The texture is still fantastic and definitely satisfies the craving for fries that’s healthier and lower calorie.
Watch the Video making Homemade Fries in the Air Fryer
Best Potatoes for This recipe?
The type of potato you use definitely makes a difference. We love using russets or gold potatoes. These are creamy and crisp much better than red potatoes. We don’t like using red potatoes because they’re too waxy and they never get golden enough. White potatoes are ok too, but russets are definitely a gold standard for making French fries.
Healthy Fries in the Air Fryer
Serving size is important to consider in what is healthy or pushing the boundaries. As long as you don’t eat the whole basket and stick to a reasonable serving size, these french fries totally are healthier than oil-fried potatoes. Just think of the comparison here: two teaspoons of oil for a pound of fries vs at least 1 cup of oil need for frying. That’s a huge difference in oil and calories. And if you want even less calories than the 2 teaspoons, try using an organic olive oil cooking spray.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fried Frozen Foods
- All French Fries Recipes
- Awesome crispy air fried brussels sprouts with little oil. Yum!
- Healthy and Super Easy Air Fried Baked Salmon Recipe
- Potato Wedge Fries
- This recipe was originally published in 2019
Quick Homemade Air Fryer Crispy French Fries
- Wash and cut potatoes into french fry sizes. NOTE: Try to keep them as evenly sized as possible for even cooking.
- Add potatoes to bowl. Drizzle olive oil evenly over the potatoes. Sprinkle salt and pepper (and/or garlic powder) evenly over potatoes.
- Gently toss the potatoes to evenly coat with oil and seasonings. Place the potatoes in air fryer basket and spread them evenly over the basket or rack.
- Air fry potatoes at 380°F/193°C for about 18-22 minutes. About halfway through cooking, shake the basket and gently turn the potatoes. Try not to break them. For crisper potatoes, shake them a second time and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup or your favorite dip. Enjoy!
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).