Healthy Air Fryer Salmon
We’re excited for you to try our air fried healthy salmon. It’s a game changer! Healthy cooking can be simple and quick. Our air fryer salmon recipe is a perfect example of how to eat healthy without sacrificing flavor.
Healthy Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
We’re obsessed with this air fried salmon because it truly is so quick. You’ll have dinner on the table in a few minutes and the salmon is perfectly cooked. Best of all, there’s very little oil to cook salmon in the air fryer! It takes so little oil and the salmon comes out moist and perfect. It’s truly a great way to cook perfect salmon with the air frying method.
Video: Air Fried Salmon
Perfect Salmon in the Air Fryer Recipe
If you haven’t been able to explore the wonderful world of Air Fryer recipes, you’ll be pleased when you do. We’ve baked and roasted salmon so many times that we had believed it’s the best method out there. But with air fried salmon, the cooking time is much quicker! The salmon comes out wonderfully moist. The small air fryer cooking baskets makes for a quicker cooking time when compared to a conventional oven. And finally, no pre-heating is required and clean-up is super easy! Hope you enjoy our air fried healthy salmon recipe!
Best Type of Salmon for Air Frying?
There’s so many great types of salmon. Organic Atlantic salmon is probably the most common but it’s very delicious. We like to buy organic or sustainably farmed Atlantic salmon. Wild sockeye salmon and wild coho salmon are our favorites. The flavor is fantastic but they are less fatty. So after you cook your first piece of salmon, you’ll know more of what timing is best for your preferred texture.
What Vegetables to Serve with Salmon?
We have so many great healthy vegetables to serve with salmon. Visit all our air fried vegetable recipes here.
Healthy Air Fryer “Baked” Salmon
- Rinse and pat dry the salmon. Lightly coat with oil or cooking spray. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon in basket (place on air fryer parchment sheets if you have them). Air fry at 360°F for about 8-10 minutes.
- Gently press the salmon to check it’s doneness (the firmer it is the more fully cooked it is). Or check the salmon with a fork to make sure it’s cooked to your preferred doneness.
- Serve the salmon with a healthy salad or your favorite rice, grain, pasta or tacos.
- Don’t crowd the basket. If you decide to double the recipe, it will work great but make sure your air fryer is large enough to fit more salmon filets. If the basket is more crowded, you might need add an additional 1-2 minutes of cooking time to make sure the salmon is cooked through or cook the salmon in batches.
- Recipes were cooked in 3-4 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- If cooking in multiple batches, the first batch will take longer to cook if Air Fryer is not already pre-heated.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
Different Spices for Salmon
There’s so many possibilities to season your salmon. You can use lemon pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, ground cumin and curry powder. All these spices add wonderful flavor to the air fried fish and best of all, you don’t have extra calories. Flavorful air fryer salmon is so easy when you use different seasonings. Try our garlic herb salmon and serve this salmon with air fryer crispy broccoli.