Air Fryer Garlic Herb Salmon
Our air fryer garlic salmon recipe with herbs is a great healthy recipe. Add some flavorful air fried vegetables and it’s an amazing meal all finished in minutes! We really love this air fryer keto salmon when we want to eat healthy and low carb.
Healthy air fryer garlic salmon recipe
You don’t need much oil at all for air frying salmon. A light spray of olive oil and lots of garlic and herbs brings out the flavor without all the fat. We love adding some crispy air fried broccoli with the salmon for a complete keto meal. It’s a fantastic low carb and keto friendly meal. Here’s the recipe for our simple air fryer salmon. The flavorful Garlic herb salmon recipe is below.
Video: Healthy Garlic Herb Salmon in the Air Fryer
How to Make Air Fryer Garlic Salmon (Cooking Tips)
- The size of salmon will vary which will affect cooking time. We use about a 6 oz fillet. Start with our base time in the recipe box below. Add additional 1-2 minutes of air frying time if needed to cook the salmon to your preferred texture.
- All air fryers cook a little differently too. So your first batch will always be like the “test”. After your first batch you’ll know more of what the best timing is for your salmon and air fryer model.
- We used garlic powder to make the recipe quick and easy but you can use fresh chopped garlic. Just make sure to spray the garlic with a light layer of oil so it doesn’t burn.
- You can air fry cauliflower instead of broccoli. They both take about the same amount of time to air fry. Or make this fresh chopped green salad to serve with the salmon .
- All recipe details and photos are in the recipe box below.
Can you air fry frozen salmon and veggies?
- Yes you can air fry salmon from frozen. But it will take about 3-4 more minutes depending on the size of frozen salmon fillet and how hot your air fryer cooks.
- Don’t add the fresh veggies in with the frozen salmon. They might burn. So air fry the vegetables separately for about 2-3 minutes OR until they are cooked to your preferred texture.
- Frozen veggies take less time to cook than fresh. So we still suggest air frying the frozen veggies separately.
How to keep salmon from sticking?
It can be frustrating to try to release salmon from sticky air fryer wire racks or baskets.
- Non stick reusable silicone liners can be found here. These are fantastic! Salmon air fries easily and barely sticks to the liner. You can release the salmon in one whole piece!
- Parchment liners. These work good too but are single use. Also, don’t preheat the air fryer with just the parchment. If no food holds down the parchment, it will fly around and possibly hit the heating element and burn. Read more about air fryer parchment liners here.
- You can also use aluminum foil for this air fryer keto salmon and veggies.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF SALMON
There’s so many different varieties of salmon for your able to buy. Each variety is delicious, but they’ll vary in their fattiness levels which will change cooking times. Leaner salmon like Sockeye or Coho will cook quicker than fattier salmon such as Chinook or Atlantic. You’ll need to adjust cooking times based on the salmon variety you use and how thick the fillets are. Here’s some varieties for you to explore the next time you’re at the seafood market:
- Atlantic Salmon
- Chinook Salmon or King Salmon
- Coho Salmon
- Chum Salmon
- Pink Salmon or Humpback Salmon
- Sockeye Salmon or Red Salmon
- Although not technically a Salmon – Steelhead is a close cousin and is a great option
- Did we miss any? Please let us know in the comments!
Air Fryer Garlic Herb Salmon
- 2 salmon fillets (6 oz./170g each), skin and bones removed
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped dill , thyme or oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- olive oil or oil spray , for coating
- Perforated Silicone Mats (optional)
- Prep the salmon: rinse and pat dry the salmon. Lightly coat with oil or oil spray. Season with herbs, garlic powder/minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Lay perforated silicone liner or perforated parchment paper inside basket or spray the bottom of basket. Place salmon in basket.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for about 6-10 minutes. Gently press the salmon to check its doneness (the firmer it is, the more fully cooked it is). Or check the salmon with a fork to make sure it's cooked to your preferred doneness.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
2 Comments on “Air Fryer Garlic Herb Salmon”
This salmon recipe was so good. I also added some chopped fresh oregano. Really great recipe.
The air fryer is the best way to get a quick and delicious salmon. I won’t cook it any other way. Great recipe. Thanks.