Air Fryer Shrimp Cocktail
If you’re looking for an awesome cold appetizer you’re going to love our Air Fried shrimp cocktail recipe! We searched everywhere online and it looks like we’re the first to publish an air fryer shrimp cocktail recipe.
Easy Air Fried Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
If you’re looking for a great shrimp appetizer for your party or game day gathering this is it. Or it might be for a holiday gathering like Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years where you need a great classic shrimp appetizer. Our shrimp cocktail recipe is crazy easy and fantastic. The shrimp cooks plump and with so much great flavor in the air fryer.
Video: Shrimp Cocktail from the Air Fryer
Easy Shrimp Cocktail Sauce Recipe
We created this shrimp cocktail sauce to be tangy, zingy and loaded with flavor. It’s not like most traditional bottles sauces that have no flavor and basically just taste like tomato sauce. And best of all, this homemade version takes like 10 minutes to make. If you’re fast in the kitchen, it might take you 5 minutes. The best part about our homemade cocktail sauce is that you can customize the flavors to what ever you want. Add more horseradish and hot sauce for bite and spice. Or add more lemon juice for the bright balance of flavors. Once you start making your own shrimp cocktail sauce, you’ll never buy the bottled stuff again!
How to Make Shrimp Cocktail in Air Fryer
This recipe is so easy, there’s no reason to buy frozen shrimp or anything out of the bottle. It’s truly as easy as 1-2-3. Here’s some tips to cooking the shrimp to be super delicious:
- To add more flavor, add some garlic powder or onion powder to the shrimp before you air fry it. Ground cumin or lemon pepper seasonings also gives awesome flavor too.
- The extra flavor makes this party appetizer crazy delicious! Make sure to add enough salt and fresh cracked black pepper seasonings.
- You can print the recipe in the recipe box below.
- here’s some tips on how to buy shrimp at the grocery store.
Air Fryer Shrimp Cocktail
For the Shrimp
- 1 pound (455 g) raw shrimp , deveined and shells removed
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) oil , to coat shrimp
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
Shrimp Cocktail Sauce
- 1/2 cup (120 g) ketchup (or low-carb tomato sauce for keto)
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) salt , or to taste
- black pepper to taste
- fresh lemon slices
- 1 (1) small cucumber , sliced (optional)
- fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
- In bowl, combine ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, fresh lemon juice, celery salt, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Stir until well mixed then set aside.
- After shrimp shells are removed and de-veined, rinse and pat dry the shrimp. Coat shrimp with oil, and then season with salt and pepper. Place the shrimp in the air fryer basket or tray in a single layer.
- Air Fry shrimp at 400°F for 8-12 minutes, or until cooked through. Shrimp comes in different sizes so check halfway through to make sure it's cooked enough or to your liking. After air frying, let the shrimp cool completely and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve the cooked shrimp with the shrimp cocktail sauce and slices of fresh lemon and cucumbers. Garnish with fresh herbs if you are feeling fancy.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).