Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms with Cheese
Love stuffed mushrooms? These air fryer stuffed mushrooms are super easy and perfect appetizer or snack.
Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
Stuffed mushrooms are super popular and making them in the air fryer is a game changer. You will LOVE this recipe. This classic appetizer and easy game day recipe is a game changer. Our friends never get tired of seeing a platter of stuffed mushrooms when we have parties or gatheirng. Whether it’s for Super Bowl Sunday or any year round occasion, these mushroom bites never get old. The hot circulating air cooks these quick and easy. It’s great vegetarian appetizer as well and if you want to take it over the top, add some crispy bacon bits on top.
Tips for Stuffing Mushrooms for Air Frying
- How big are your mushrooms ? Theres so many different mushrooms varieties and sizes. So cooking times will definitely vary. You can even stuff theses in portabella mushrooms too and make it a meal!
- Choose your Cheese: Add what ever cheese you want to the cream cheese filling mix for extra flavor. Flavorful cheeses that take these poppers over the top are smoked cheddar, but parmesan, pecorino, jalapeño jack and other cheese can work great as well.
- Different fillings: You can add some cooked bacon in the filling for more flavor. Or cooked ground chicken, beef or pork. You don’t need alot of cooked ground meat because it doesn’t take much to fill the mushrooms.
- Do a test batch! Cooking times will vary so test a few first in your model of air fryer and then you’ll know what the exact time is best for your preferred texture.
- Follow our easy step by step photos and the full recipe is below. You can also print the recipe too.
Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 oz. (227 g) button mushrooms
- 4 oz. (113 g) cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) salt , or more to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup (30 g) grated cheese , for topping
- minced parsley (optional)
- Removed the stems from the mushrooms, then dice the stems and set aside about 1/2 of the diced stems.
- In a bowl make the filling: mix together the cream cheese, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper until smooth. Fold in the reserved diced mushroom stems.
- Spray the mushroom tops with oil spray. Make sure to spray liberally, because if you don't spray the tops of mushrooms enough, they might dry out during air frying. Fill the cavity of mushroom tops with the cream cheese mixture. Place the mushrooms in the air fryer basket (only place the mushrooms a single layer – if needed cook in multiple batches).
- Air Fry at 360°F/180°C for 6-8 minutes, depending on the size of the mushrooms.
- Top the stuffed mushrooms with grated cheese. Air Fry at 360°F/180°C for another 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Let the mushrooms cool slightly then garnish with minced parsley and serve. Serve warm or at room temperature.
1. Make ahead: Prep the filling and stuff the mushrooms ahead of time. You can do this up to one day ahead. When you’re ready to air fry, take them out about 1 hour before cooking so that the filling can come to room temperature. Then spray the sides of the mushrooms again before air frying. The hot circulating air cooks these stuffed mushrooms really quick. You want to make sure the filling isn’t too cold that way it cooks all the way through.
2. If cooking in multiple batches, the first batch will take longer to cook if Air Fryer is not already pre-heated. Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer.
3. Recipes were tested in 3.4 to 6 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
More of our awesome Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes