Air Fryer Steak Bites and Mushrooms
This is such an easy air fried steak bites recipe or steak tips recipe that you’ll be obsessed with. Juicy air fried steak bites in the air fryer is one of our favorite dinners, ever! We added some garlic mushrooms to the steak bites and dinner is served!
Easy Air Fryer Steak Bites Recipe
If you cut the steak into smaller bites, it makes it quicker to cook in the air fryer. Best of all, there’s lots of crispy edges around the steak and each bite is fantastic. Our recipe is air fried steak recipe that can make even the most inexpensive cut of beef taste wonderful! Not a fan of mushrooms? You can leave it out and add more steak! Serve the steak with a side salad or veggies and you have a fantastic low carb Keto air fried steak recipe for dinner.
Watch the Video making Steak Bites w/ Mushrooms in the Air Fryer
How to Cook Air Fried Steak Bites in Air Fryer
- Cut the steak into even sized pieces. Make sure they’re about the same size so you can get even cooking.
- In bowl, combine Steak, mushrooms, butter and seasonings in bowl. Add the steak and mushrooms to air fryer basket
- Air fry the steak bites and flip/turn around 3 times to ensure even cooking
- Let the steak rest and enjoy an amazing air fried steak and mushrooms dinner!
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below that you can print out if you want.
What are the Best Cuts of Steak for Steak Bites?
Everyone has a favorite cut of steak. For the types of steak to air fry, use your favorite. Depending on the budget, we prefer ribeye, sirloin, tri-tip, and chuck shoulder steaks (aka London Broil steaks). These have enough marbling and fat to cook the steak tender and juicy. If you use a tougher cut of steak we recommend cutting the beef cubes into smaller pieces. That way when they’re air fried, they’re easier to bite into.
Here’s more of our popular air fryer recipes:
- Honey Baked Ham in air fryer
- Juicy Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks with BBQ Sauce
- Crispy Air Fryer Frozen Curly Fries
- Super easy Air fryer crinkle cut fries
- Popular Air fryer frozen bread sticks
- Air fryer frozen bread sticks
- This air fried steak tips recipe was originally published in 2020 and re-published with updated photos. Enjoy more beef recipes here.
Air Fryer Steak Bites & Mushrooms
- 1 lb. (455 g) steaks , cut into 1” cubes & patted dry
- 8 oz. (227 g) mushrooms (cleaned, washed and halved)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Butter , melted (or oil)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- salt , to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
- Minced parsley , garnish
- Melted butter for finishing , optional
- Chili Flakes , for finishing, optional
- Combine the steak cubes and mushrooms. Make sure they're about the same size for even cooking. Coat with the melted butter and then season with Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 400°F for 4 minutes. This will give the steak a good sear.
- Add the steak and mushrooms in the air fryer basket or rack and spread it in one even layer. Air fry at 400°F for 10-18 minutes, shaking and flipping and the steak and mushrooms about 3 times through cooking process (time depends on your preferred doneness, thickness of the steak, size of the air fryer).
- Check the steak to see how well done it is cooked. If you want the steak more done, add an extra 2-5 minutes of cooking time.
- (optional) Garnish with parsley and drizzle with optional melted butter and/or optional chili flakes. Season with additional salt & pepper if desired. Serve warm.
- Recipes were cooked in 3-4 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- If cooking in multiple batches (if you have a small air fryer or are doubling the recipe), the first batch will take longer to cook if Air Fryer is not already pre-heated.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Try our pork bites version with mushroom. They’re fantastic!