Air Fryer Frozen Curly Fries
Learning how to air fryer frozen curly fries can lead to a delicious obsession! We absolutely love our curly fries but now it’s so easy to make at home in a fraction of the time!
How to Cook Air Fried Frozen Curly Fries
- There’s so many different brands of frozen curly fries and now there’s so many delicious possibilities.
- When you air fry frozen curly fries, it takes about 10 minutes to get them crispy perfect.
- You don’t need any extra oil at all. There is enough in the crust from their pre-cooking. All you need to do is put them straight in the air fryer.
- Put the frozen curly fries straight into the air fryer. Don’t thaw them first.
- Spread the fries evenly in the air fryer basket/tray and don’t put too much in. For even cooking, it is better to cook in a couple small batches instead of a big overfilled batch.
- All the recipe details and notes are in the recipe box below. Enjoy!
Video making Frozen Curly Fries in the Air Fryer:
This is the brand of curly fries we used for the photo: Ore-Ida Zesty Curly Fries. They tasted great and were well seasoned too. There’s so many different brands out there and the fries vary in size and thickness. Also, air fryers cook different too as some cook hotter and quicker than others. So our time and temp is a starting point for you. You can test a small batch first and see how it works for your specific model and type of fries. Hope you enjoy our air fryer frozen curly fries tutorial!
Air Fryer Frozen Curly Fries
All air fryers are different and some cook much hotter than others. Once you cook your first batch of fries, you’ll know more of what works for your model of air fryer and size of food. These were tested on basket style air fryers. Read more recipe notes below the recipe.
- 1 lb. (454 g) Frozen curly fries
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Place the frozen curly fries in the air fryer basket and spread out evenly. No oil spray is needed.
- Air Fry at 400°F/205°C for 10 minutes. Shake and gently stir about halfway through cooking. If cooking larger batches, or if the curly fries don't cook evenly, try turning them multiple times on following batches.
- If needed air fry at 400°F/205°C for an additional 1-4 minutes or until crisped to your liking. Season with salt & pepper, if desired.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen – Do not thaw first.
- Shake or turn if needed. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches of fries back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the curly fries might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Here’s some cool recipes with curly fries.