Air Fryer Frozen Garlic Bread
Oh wow, we love air fryer frozen garlic bread. Within minutes, we have perfect crispy air fried garlic bread as a side dish or snack. It’s perfect to serve as an appetizer or along side a bowl of pasta, spaghetti or soup.
Can Frozen Garlic Bread or Cheese Bread Cook in Air Fryers?
Yes, you can totally take it frozen from the freezer and air fry the garlic bread from frozen to perfection. We like the crispy texture of garlic bread and then using the air fryer is the perfect method to get this type of texture in just a few minutes. If you like your bread extra crispy, just cook it for a few more minutes. We love serving this quick garlic bread with a side of mac and cheese, chili, beef stew or chicken fettuccini alfredo. YUM!
Video: Frozen Garlic Bread in Air Fryer
How to Make Air Fried Frozen Garlic Bread
There’s different sizes, types and brands of frozen garlic bread from baguette style, toast style to slice style. These variations in different thicknesses and sizes all cook a little differently. Various models of air fryers will cook differently as well. Here’s some easy air fryer re-heating tips to remember:
- If the garlic bread is just butter and garlic, you should flip the bread so that it cooks evenly on both sides.
- If the garlic bread has cheese on top, then air fry the bread with the cheese side facing up. Don’t flip the bread or else the cheese side will stick to the air fryer basket or rack.
- Start with the lowest air fry time we suggest and check to see if the garlic bread is to your preferred texture. If not, then increase time when needed and if you want your bread crispy, definitely add a little more time.
- Read our recipe details in the recipe box below.
- Want to air fry texas toast? Here’s the discussion and time, temp.
- Pro-Tip: here’s our favorite tools to help make air frying easier:
We LOVE Evo Oil Sprayers. Not the prettiest, but they’re functional and spritz oil great! They don’t clog up like many others we’ve bought. There’s different styles, but all seem to have the same great spray head. Works great for grilling!
There are Square Mats & Round Mats. These perforated non-stick silicone mats are used to cook food in your air fryer or steamer to minimize sticking. Holes allow hot circulating air to cook the food & keeps the food from sticking.
Parchment sheets are great for your air fryer or bamboo steamer (food tends to stick most on wire basket or tray). Choose from different sizes, shapes, white and brown (unbleached). Holes allow air to cook food evenly.
Does frozen garlic bread need to be thawed before air frying?
No, you don’t need to thaw the garlic bread. Just pop the frozen cheese bread or garlic bread in the air fryer straight from frozen. It just takes a few minutes and you’ll have a wonderful snack or side dish. And if you did happen to thaw your garlic bread and it’s soft, then it only takes about half the air frying time. All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Air Fryer Frozen Garlic Bread
- 4 Frozen Garlic Bread (without cheese or with)
- fresh chopped parsley , optional
- Place the frozen garlic bread in the air fryer basket and spread in an even layer (make sure they aren't overlapping). No oil spray is needed.
- Air Fry at 340°F/170°C for 5 minutes. If the garlic bread is without cheese, flip the garlic bread over. If it has cheese, don't flip or else you'll lose your cheese.
- Continue to Air Fry at 340°F/170°C for another 1-5 minutes or until cooked to your desired golden crispness. If you’re cooking only 1-2 pieces of garlic bread it might take about 5-6 minutes total time, depending on how crisp you like your toast. Test a piece first and you’ll know more of what your preferred timing is like. Top with optional chopped parsley if desired.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen – Do not thaw first.
- Cook in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, they might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
Some Fun Recipe ideas with Garlic Bread
- Make open faced pizza! Add some pizza sauce and pepperoni for a quick and easy pizza! Kinda like this air fryer French bread pizza. Check out all our air fryer pizza recipes here.
- Simply as a snack. We just love air frying garlic bread or cheese bread quickly by air frying.
- Side dish with with pasta or saucey recipes that you can dip the garlic bread into.
- BLT sandwich: Add some tomato and bacon for an awesome BLT sandwich.
- Double cheese grilled cheese. You can a great extra cheesy grilled cheese by adding some slices of cheddar and melting it. Here’s our air fryer grilled cheese recipe.
- Do you have any other ideas? Let us know in the comments. Thanks!
You Might also Love these Recipes
- Crispy Air Fryer Garlic Potatoes
- Frozen toaster scrambles in the air fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Taquitos or Flautas
- Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls or Spring Rolls
- Using bread toast as pizza in the air fryer
- Healthy garlic herb salmon
- Frozen bagel bites in the air fryer are great!
- More–> Air Fried Frozen Foods and All French Fries Recipes