Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls or Spring Rolls
Crispy air fryer frozen egg rolls are always a favorite appetizer or snack and we have a great technique here. If you’re craving egg rolls quicker, try frozen egg rolls or spring rolls in the air fryer. These air fried frozen spring rolls are a game changer!
Air Fryer: How to Cook Frozen Egg Rolls or Spring Rolls
We’re so surprised how good air fried frozen egg rolls are and they’re crispy on the outside and fantastic on the inside. Buying pre-made frozen egg rolls or spring rolls is a great way to enjoy this Asian appetizer within a few minutes. They’re quick to re-heat in the air fryer and the results are fantastic! So popping them in the air fryer for a few minutes is a great way to have a meal in just a few minutes! Just as good as take-out! All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Do you Need to Thaw the Egg Rolls First?
No. You don’t need to thaw them first. The outside of the egg rolls or spring rolls will cook up crispiest if frozen. Take them straight from the freezer, put them in the air fryer and cook. Air fryer frozen egg rolls are the easiest and so good.
Other Tips for Cooking Frozen Eggs Rolls in the Air Fryer
- You don’t have to add extra oil because there’s already oil in the spring rolls when they were originally cooked.
- Fill the basket/tray in just a single layer. Don’t stack the egg rolls.
- Initially cook at a lower temperature to heat through the center, then increase heat to crisp up the outside.
- See recipe box below for all the details.
Video: Air Fried Frozen Egg Rolls
Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls
- 8 Frozen Egg Rolls
- Place the frozen egg rolls in the air fryer basket and spread out into a single even layer. No oil spray is needed.
- Air Fry at 340°F/170°C for 10 minutes. Flip the egg rolls over.
- Increase heat to 400°F/205°C and Air Fry for another 2-5 minutes or until cooked through and crispy.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen – Do not thaw first.
- Shake or turn as needed. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, they might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
You Might also Love these Air Fryer Recipes
Enjoy these air fried frozen spring rolls! Here’s a cool egg roll bowl to eat with your air fried frozen egg rolls.