Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls or Spring Rolls
Crispy air fryer frozen egg rolls are always a favorite appetizer or snack and we have a great technique here. If you’re craving egg rolls quicker, try frozen egg rolls or spring rolls in the air fryer. These air fried frozen spring rolls are a game changer!
Air Fryer: How to Cook Frozen Egg Rolls or Spring Rolls
We’re so surprised how good air fried frozen egg rolls are and they’re crispy on the outside and fantastic on the inside. Buying pre-made frozen egg rolls or spring rolls is a great way to enjoy this Asian appetizer within a few minutes. They’re quick to re-heat in the air fryer and the results are fantastic! So popping them in the air fryer for a few minutes is a great way to have a meal in just a few minutes! Just as good as take-out! All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Do you Need to Thaw the Egg Rolls First?
No. You don’t need to thaw them first. The outside of the egg rolls or spring rolls will cook up crispiest if frozen. Take them straight from the freezer, put them in the air fryer and cook. Air fryer frozen egg rolls are the easiest and so good.
Video: Air Fried Frozen Egg Rolls
More Tips for Cooking Frozen Eggs Rolls in the Air Fryer
- You don’t have to add extra oil because there’s already oil in the spring rolls when they were originally cooked.
- Fill the basket/tray in just a single layer. Don’t stack the egg rolls. You’ll have more
- Initially cook at a lower temperature to heat through the center, then increase heat to crisp up the outside.
- See recipe box below for all the details.
- Pro-Tip: here’s our favorite tools to help make air frying easier:
We LOVE Evo Oil Sprayers. Not the prettiest, but they’re functional and spritz oil great! They don’t clog up like many others we’ve bought. There’s different styles, but all seem to have the same great spray head. Works great for grilling!
There are Square Mats & Round Mats. These perforated non-stick silicone mats are used to cook food in your air fryer or steamer to minimize sticking. Holes allow hot circulating air to cook the food & keeps the food from sticking.
Parchment sheets are great for your air fryer or bamboo steamer (food tends to stick most on wire basket or tray). Choose from different sizes, shapes, white and brown (unbleached). Holes allow air to cook food evenly.
What Are the Best Brands for Air Frying Egg Rolls?
There’s so many different brands of frozen spring rolls or frozen egg rolls. We tried several brands and they’re all quite delicious. We used the Tai Pei and Pagoda brands. It also depends on what type of filling you like. We’ve seen so many different options for egg roll fillings:
- Chicken and vegetable are the most popular
- Pork and vegetable are also popular
- All vegetable (vegetarian)
- Seafood filling egg rolls such as shrimp and crab. We’ve found these at some speciality markets.
- Tofu or vegan fillings
Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls
- 8 Frozen Egg Rolls
- optional dipping sauce (hoisin, sweet & sour, hot mustard, hot sauce, etc. – see write up above recipe for additional dip ideas)
- Place the frozen egg rolls in the air fryer basket and spread out into a single even layer. No oil spray is needed.
- Air Fry at 340°F/170°C for 10 minutes. Flip the egg rolls over.
- Increase heat to 400°F/205°C and Air Fry for another 2-5 minutes or until cooked through and crispy.
- Allow to slightly cool for a minute or two. Serve with optional dip.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen – Do not thaw first.
- Shake or turn as needed. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Air fryers will vary. Adjust based on your air fryer.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
What Dips or Sauces to Serve with Crispy Spring Rolls
There’s alot of sauce options out there and many of them are easily bought pre-made in the International section of your grocery market. Or if you are able to shop at Asian markets, you will have so many other options for different and delicious pre-made dips. There’s so many possibilities for frozen air fried egg rolls.
- Sweet and sour sauce
- Hoisin sauce
- peanut dip
- Add some crushed ginger with low sodium soy sauce
- Even bbq sauce is awesome!
- Hot sauce if you like spicy foods
- Add some mayo to sriracha for an easy sriracha mayo dip
What to Serve with Air Fried Egg Rolls or Spring Rolls?
Eating them as an appetizer is always the most popular. But here’s more options:
- Serve with fried rice. Egg Rolls and fried rice are always delicious together.
- Noodle bowls are fantastic. Serve the air fried crispy spring rolls in a Vietnamese noodle bowl with vermicelli rice noodles, fresh herbs and Vietnamese pickles.
- Wrap these with some lettuce and fresh herbs. They’re fantastic in lettuce wraps.
You Might also Love these Air Fryer Recipes
- Homemade Air Fryer Egg Rolls with Chicken, Vegetables
- Air Fried Frozen Pizza Rolls (Regular & Mini)
- Air Fryer Lasagna Egg Rolls
- Crispy Air Fried Frozen Hash Brown Patties
- Air Fried Frozen Tater Tots (Potato Puffs)
- Cheeseburger egg rolls in the air fryer are fun
- Pepperoni pizza egg rolls are delicious
- 15 minute air fryer cinnamon rolls
- Check out–> All our Egg Roll & Dumpling Recipes Here
Enjoy these air fried frozen spring rolls! Here’s a cool egg roll bowl to eat with your air fried frozen egg rolls.