Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls or Spring Rolls
Crispy air fryer frozen egg rolls are always a favorite appetizer or snack and we have a great technique here. If you’re craving egg rolls quicker, try frozen egg rolls or spring rolls in the air fryer. These air fried frozen spring rolls are a game changer!
Air Fryer: How to Cook Frozen Egg Rolls or Spring Rolls
We’re so surprised how good air fried frozen egg rolls are and they’re crispy on the outside and fantastic on the inside. Buying pre-made frozen egg rolls or spring rolls is a great way to enjoy this Asian appetizer within a few minutes. They’re quick to re-heat in the air fryer and the results are fantastic! So popping them in the air fryer for a few minutes is a great way to have a meal in just a few minutes! Just as good as take-out! All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Do you Need to Thaw the Egg Rolls First?
No. You don’t need to thaw them first. The outside of the egg rolls or spring rolls will cook up crispiest if frozen. Take them straight from the freezer, put them in the air fryer and cook. Air fryer frozen egg rolls are the easiest and so good.
Other Tips for Cooking Frozen Eggs Rolls in the Air Fryer
- You don’t have to add extra oil because there’s already oil in the spring rolls when they were originally cooked.
- Fill the basket/tray in just a single layer. Don’t stack the egg rolls.
- Initially cook at a lower temperature to heat through the center, then increase heat to crisp up the outside.
- See recipe box below for all the details.
- Pro-Tip: here’s our favorite tools to help make air frying easier:
We LOVE Evo Oil Sprayers. Not the prettiest, but they’re functional and spritz oil great! They don’t clog up like many others we’ve bought. There’s different styles, but all seem to have the same great spray head. Works great for grilling!
There are Square Mats & Round Mats. These perforated non-stick silicone mats are used to cook food in your air fryer or steamer to minimize sticking. Holes allow hot circulating air to cook the food & keeps the food from sticking.
Parchment sheets are great for your air fryer or bamboo steamer (food tends to stick most on wire basket or tray). Choose from different sizes, shapes, white and brown (unbleached). Holes allow air to cook food evenly.
Video: Air Fried Frozen Egg Rolls
What Dips or Sauces to Serve with Crispy Spring Rolls
- Sweet and sour sauce
- Hoisin sauce
- peanut dip
- Add some crushed ginger with low sodium soy sauce
- Even bbq sauce is awesome!
- Hot sauce if you like spicy foods
- Add some mayo to sriracha for an easy sriracha mayo dip
Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls
- 8 Frozen Egg Rolls
- Place the frozen egg rolls in the air fryer basket and spread out into a single even layer. No oil spray is needed.
- Air Fry at 340°F/170°C for 10 minutes. Flip the egg rolls over.
- Increase heat to 400°F/205°C and Air Fry for another 2-5 minutes or until cooked through and crispy.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen – Do not thaw first.
- Shake or turn as needed. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, they might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
You Might also Love these Air Fryer Recipes
- Homemade Air Fryer Egg Rolls with Chicken, Vegetables
- Air Fried Frozen Pizza Rolls (Regular & Mini)
- Air Fryer Lasagna Egg Rolls
- Crispy Air Fried Frozen Hash Brown Patties
- Air Fried Frozen Tater Tots (Potato Puffs)
- Check out–> All our Egg Roll & Dumpling Recipes Here
Enjoy these air fried frozen spring rolls! Here’s a cool egg roll bowl to eat with your air fried frozen egg rolls.
10 Comments on “Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls or Spring Rolls”
These came out great. But I saw that you have a fresh chicken egg roll air fryer version and I’ll try that next time. Frozen is still quicker.
Very interesting and informative. I’m new with the Air Fryer but since I live alone it’s a big help in cooking for one. Thanks for the info.
Thanks for being a part of our community Ann! Happy Air Frying.
Hi – can you cook spring rolls in the air fryer if they are home made and not cooked in oil yet please. If so, how would you recommend this be done please?
Hi Berny, we have a homemade air fryer chicken egg rolls recipe on the site. The timing for that homemade recipe might work for your spring rolls. If you go to the “search” bar and search chicken egg rolls you’ll find the recipe. Thanks!
Really loved how they cooked. Super quick and easy to pop into the air fryer.
I cooked by this method for some grocery store frozen pork egg rolls. They were perfect. Just like a restaurant. Way better than regular toaster oven or microwave methods I have used before
Hi Katherine, we totally agree! Air frying these frozen egg rolls is a game changer. Thanks for sharing and so glad you enjoyed them.
340 for 8 mins for 2 egg roll
400 for 2 mins
Excellent… nice and crispy
I ordered groceries online and received my egg rolls as a “substitute” for something else I ordered that wasn’t in stock. That led me to this recipe that worked out so great! Frozen egg rolls aren’t something I would have thought to cook.
Mine was Pagoda Chicken Egg Rolls. I swear to you that these taste just like the ones at Jack in the Box LOL
340/10 and 400/3 is what worked in my Power XL
You are right about not adding oil. I spritzed some EVOO the second time I tried this recipe and it not only didn’t make them crispier, it actually changed the taste of the egg role itself.