Air Fryer Lasagna Egg Rolls
This Air fryer lasagna egg rolls recipe was inspired after eating like crazy at our County Fair. We ordered a batch of deep fried lasagna egg rolls because we they were all the rage and the latest fair food to “try out”. Our expectations weren’t high, thinking it was going to be a bland, flavorless “egg roll”.
Why You’ll love our Air Fryer Lasagna Egg Rolls Recipe
OH YUM, we were totally wrong and shocked at how delicious these crispy lasagna egg rolls were! After eating a second order, we were hooked and knew we had to create an air fryer version of these. Then we immediately went into our test kitchen to create a recipe so we can keep eating these. Yup, we’re hooked because the cheesy, tomato sauce and strips of pasta all rolled and deep fried can’t be passed up. These air fried lasagna rolls are so delicious, just try to contain yourself because they’re super addicting. Just a note: these rolls are in the “egg roll” shaped and they don’t have any egg in them. The term is just to identify the shape and better yet, each bite tastes even better because the egg rolls wrappers are thin and crispy.
Video: Recipe for Lasagna Egg Rolls in Air Fryer
How to Make Air Fried Lasagna Egg Rolls
These air fried crispy rolls are perfect when you have leftover lasagna. But what if you don’t? We bought an small frozen pre-made lasagna and cooked that up! It was perfect because the lasagna was already pre-made and it’s not a huge portion. The serving size was perfect for the egg rolls and with some leftover for a little lasagna dinner.
- We love adding a little extra cheese for the over-the-top cheesy goodness!
- If you like adding extra sauce, be cautious because the sauce can cause the egg rolls to burst during air frying.
- Don’t roll the too big like burritos because they lasagna might not heat all the way through the center.
- Make sure to roll these egg rolls all evenly so that you get even air frying. If one roll is too small, it’ll cook quicker than the thicker ones. So it’s best to use the same amount of consistent filling in the center of the egg roll.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Air Fryer Lasagna Egg Rolls
- 3 cups (710 ml) cooked lasagna , cooled
- 15 egg roll wrappers
- 1 cup (112 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- water , for sealing the wrappers
- oil spray , for coating the egg rolls
- 1/2-1 cup (120-240 ml) dipping sauce of choice , marinara, ranch, bbq sauce, etc.
- Cook the lasagna and then let cool to at least room temperature or use leftover lasagna. Cut into small slices about 2 Tablespoons in volume.
- Using egg roll wrappers or spring roll wrappers, add the 2 Tablespoons piece of the lasagna filling to each wrapper. Add about 2 teaspoons of shredded cheese on top. Tuck and roll the wrapper around the filling (watch the video in the post above to see how to roll even and tight rolls). Brush the top corner of the wrapper with water to help seal the wrapper end, and then finish rolling the egg roll. Repeat for all the egg rolls.
- Brush or spray rolls with oil to coat. Place egg rolls in a single layer in the air fryer basket (cook in batches).
- Air Fry 380°F for 12-16 minutes, flipping halfway through. Cook until the wrapper is crispy and browned. If you use the larger wrapper or if your wrappers are thicker cook a little longer so that all the layers can cook through to avoid being tough and chewy.
- Allow to cool a little (the filling will be super hot right after cooking), and then serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
Freezing leftover air fried egg rolls
It’s easy to freeze these for eating later. Make sure they are all cool completely, then store them in air tight bags or containers. Before serving, allow them to thaw overnight in the fridge. Take them out of the freezer and put them in the fridge to thaw completely. If they’re still a little hard in the center, microwave them for about 3 minutes so they’re thawed. Then you can air fry them at 380F for about 4-7 minutes or. until they are crispy again.
What about dips for these egg rolls?
These are so flavorful already, we enjoyed them without dips. But if you want, you can certainly dip the in a cheese dip, ranch or marinara sauce.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes:
- Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Air fryer frozen spring rolls or egg rolls
- Chicken egg rolls in the air fryer
- Air fried frozen pizza rolls
- Easy Air Fryer Cheeseburger egg rolls
- Air fryer toast pizza
- Hamburger steaks in the air fryer
- Check out these cool egg roll filling ideas
- Try all our –> Egg Roll, Spring Roll and Dumpling Recipes Here
- this recipe was originally published in 2020.