Air Fryer Lasagna Egg Rolls
Air Fryer Lasagna Egg Rolls Recipe
This Air Fried recipe for lasagna egg rolls was inspired after eating like crazy at our County Fair. We ordered a batch of deep fried lasagna egg rolls because we they were all the rage and the latest fair food to “try out”. Our expectations weren’t high, thinking it was going to be a bland, flavorless “egg roll”. OH YUM, we were totally wrong and shocked at how delicious these crispy lasagna egg rolls were! After eating a second order, we were hooked and knew we had to create an air fryer version of these. Then we immediately went into our test kitchen to create a recipe so we can keep eating these. Yup, we’re hooked because the cheesy, tomato sauce and strips of pasta all rolled and deep fried can’t be passed up. These air fried lasagna rolls are so delicious, just try to contain yourself because they’re super addicting. Just a note: these rolls are in the “egg roll” shaped and they don’t have any egg in them. The term is just to identify the shape and better yet, each bite tastes even better because the egg rolls wrappers are thin and crispy.
Video: Recipe for Lasagna Egg Rolls in Air Fryer
How to Make Air Fried Lasagna Egg Rolls
These air fried crispy rolls are perfect when you have leftover lasagna. But what if you don’t? We bought an small frozen pre-made lasagna and cooked that up! It was perfect because the lasagna was already pre-made and it’s not a huge portion. The serving size was perfect for the egg rolls and with some leftover for a little lasagna dinner. We love adding a little extra cheese for the over-the-top cheesy goodness! All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Air Fryer Lasagna Egg Rolls
- 3 cups (710 ml) cooked lasagna , cooled
- 1 cup (112 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 15 (15 ) egg roll wrappers
- water , for sealing the wrappers
- oil spray , for coating the egg rolls
- 1/2-1 cup (120-240 ml) dipping sauce of choice , marinara, ranch, bbq sauce, etc.
- Cook the lasagna and then let cool to at least room temperature or use leftover lasagna. Cut into small slices about 2 Tablespoons in volume.
- Using egg roll wrappers or spring roll wrappers, add the 2 Tablespoons piece of the lasagna filling to each wrapper. Add about 2 teaspoons of shredded cheese on top. Tuck and roll the wrapper around the filling (watch the video in the post above to see how to roll even and tight rolls). Brush the top corner of the wrapper with water to help seal the wrapper end, and then finish rolling the egg roll. Repeat for all the egg rolls.
- Brush or spray rolls with oil to coat. Place egg rolls in a single layer in the air fryer basket (cook in batches).
- Air Fry 380°F for 12-16 minutes, flipping halfway through. Cook until the wrapper is crispy and browned. If you use the larger wrapper or if your wrappers are thicker cook a little longer so that all the layers can cook through to avoid being tough and chewy.
- Allow to cool a little (the filling will be super hot right after cooking), and then serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Check out these cool egg roll filling ideas.