Air Fryer Toast Pizza (Sliced Bread)
If you’re craving a quick and easy pizza snack, make air fryer toast pizza! Kids love this and air fried toast pizza is the perfect after school snack in 10 minutes. This quick and easy pizza is perfect for back-to-school!
Air Fryer Toast Pizza
It doesn’t get any more simple than this. Using any leftover sliced sandwich bread, slices of loaf bread or any type of bread is perfect. Within minutes, you can have a great snack for the kids or a simple appetizer to hold you over until the next big meal.
Want more air fryer pizza recipe ideas? Check out all our PIZZA RECIPES HERE with lots of delicious ideas.
Video: Toast Pizza in the Air Fryer
Tips on Making Air Fried Toast Pizza
- Use any type of sliced bread that you like. White or wheat bread works great.
- If you have a regular loaf bread or sourdough loaf, cut off a slice and you’re ready to go.
- Soft rolls work great too. If you want extra garlic butter flavor, buy the pre-baked garlic bread. Then add all the sauce and toppings you want.
- We like to air fry the bread first to make it like a crispy toast. That way, the toast pizza is guaranteed to be crispy.
- After air frying the bread on both sides, we add the sauce and toppings.
- All air fried toast pizza recipe details are in the recipe box below.
- Pro Tip: Use an air fryer rack that fits your air fryer to keep the toppings from flying around. The hot circulating air can blow your cheese and toppings off the pizza. These racks are great to hold the toppings down as they finish cooking
Air Fryer Toast Pizzas
- 3 slices bread
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) pizza sauce or tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup (40 g) shredded cheese
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Pepperoni, cooked Sausage, Bacon pieces, diced Ham, sliced or diced Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Pineapple, etc.
Other Sauce Options
- BBQ Sauce, Salsa, White (Alfredo) Sauce, Pesto, etc.
- Place the bread slices in the air fryer basket/tray (only cook in a single layer – cook in batches if needed). Air Fry at 360°F/182°C for 2-3 minutes or until slightly toasted.
- Add sauce, toppings, and cheese on top of the toasts. Lightly spray with oil for extra crispy.
- Cover toppings with an air fryer rack to keep toppings from flying around.
- Air Fry 360°F/182°C for 2-5 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Try air frying for about 2 minutes first. If you want the top to be crispier, add additional minute or two until the toast pizzas are crispy and cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool for about 2 minutes. Serve warm.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
Fun topping ideas
Pepperoni and cheese are classic toppings. But some fun ideas are using different sauces like bbq sauce, hot sauce or alfredo sauce as the base. Here’s some great toppings to make this air fryer pizza on sliced bread more fun:L
- bacon bits
- chopped cooked ham
- chunks of pineapple
- cooked Italian sausage or keilbasa sausage
- different veggies that you might like.
- there’s so many different cheese options, so the possibilities are endless when it comes to cheese