Air Fryer Jiffy Corn Muffins
A great way to enjoy warm corn muffins is by air frying them. Our air fryer jiffy corn muffins technique is simple and a quick way to eat these wonderful treats.
Air Fryer Jiffy Corn Muffins Recipe
This popular boxed jiffy corn muffin mix is a classic quick and easy way to cook corn muffins. Traditionally it’s been baked in the oven. But we have our air fryer version for jiffy corn muffin mix that is even better! It’s such a game changer to make these in the air fryer.
Previously our air fried cornbread technique with jiffy was super popular.
Video making Air Fryer Jiffy Corn Muffins
How to Cook Jiffy Corn Muffins in Air Fryer – TIPS
- You’ll want to use standard size silicone muffin cups. Use the same standard size silicone muffins cups that we did. These are standard size muffins cups and here’s another version that will work. With this size muffins cups, you can cook 6 muffins and it’s the perfect serving for one box of Jiffy mix.
- Do not use mini or jumbo muffin cups! Our time and temp works for standard size.
- Don’t overmix the corn muffin mix or it will be tough. But mix enough to where the egg gets incorporated into the batter.
- Scrape all the batter: Using a rubber or silicone spatula is best because you can scrape the sides of the bowl during mixing. This will give you the best mix and won’t leave important ingredients on the sides of the bowl during mixing.
- Make sure to oil the sides of the interior of the silicone muffin cups so the muffins don’t stick.
- Some air fryer models vary with how hot they cook. So if you use a toothpick to check the corn muffins and it still comes out a little wet after your cooing times, then keep the muffins in the air fryer closed and turned off. The residual heat will help the muffins cook all the way through. That way you don’t have to keep air frying, which can cause the tops of the muffins to dry out.
Silicone Muffin Cups for this Recipe
What to serve with corn muffins?
There’s so many possibilities with these corn muffins. We love eating them warm with some butter and honey. But here’s some more ideas:
- Serve them alongside any breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- We love serving corn muffins for breakfast with some scrambled eggs.
- These are great with a grilled steak.
- Corn muffins with jam and butter is a great breakfast, brunch item to share.
- Use leftovers and make a casserole or other leftover cornbread/corn muffin recipes
Air Fryer Jiffy Corn Muffins
- 8.5 oz. (241 g) Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) milk
- oil spray
- Combine the corn muffin mix, egg and milk. Mix just enough so that there are no dry spots and egg is fully incorporated. Do not over-mix.
- Lightly coat interior of 6 silicone muffin cups with oil spray and fill about 2/3rds full with the batter. Use standard sized silicone muffin cups (not mini & not jumbo – the same size silicone muffins cups that we suggest in the write up).
- Air Fry at 325°F for 7-9 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. If the toothpick isn’t fully clean yet and muffins are slightly raw in the middle, then turn off the heat and leave muffins in the air fryer for about 5-10 minutes to allow the residual heat to continue cooking the interior of the corn muffins.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).