Air Fryer Frozen Taquitos
Crispy Air Fryer taquitos and flautas are easy to cook from frozen. Add some fresh guac and salsa for a quick easy appetizer or dinner.
How to Cook Air Fryer Frozen Taquitos or Flautas
Air fried frozen taquitos are one of our favorite snacks and finger foods! Seriously, the air fryer makes them super crispy and amazing. It’s incredible how easy frozen taquitos are to cook straight from the freezer into the air fryer. The outside tortilla is crunchy crispy and the inside is perfect. We’ve made them fresh many times and here’s our taquito recipe on our sister site if you’re ambitious. But if you’re in a bind, then try air frying frozen taquitos and you’ll be equally satisfied.
Video: Air Fried Frozen Taquitos or Flautas
Difference Between Taquitos and Flautas?
It’s all about the tortillas. Generally taquitos are made with corn tortillas and flautas are with flour tortillas. What are these delicious rolled goodies? Here’s what Wikipedia says: “A taquito, tacos dorados, rolled taco, or flauta is a Mexican food dish that typically consists of a small rolled-up tortilla that contains filling, including beef, cheese or chicken. The filled tortilla is then crisp-fried or deep-fried. The dish is often topped with condiments such as sour cream and guacamole.” When you’re cooking these start with a small batch first to see what the best timing is for your preferred texture. Brands differ so much on the size, so if they’re thicker they might take longer to cook. Also, if you like your flautas a little more soft, then reduce timing so they’re not as crisp.
Air Fryer Frozen Taquitos
- 8 Frozen Taquitos
- oil spray , to coat the taquitos
- Place the frozen taquitos in the air fryer basket and spread out into a single even layer. Coat the taquitos evenly with oil spray.
- Air Fry at 380°F/195°C for 7-10 minutes or until crispy to your liking, gently shaking and turning the taquitos halfway through cooking.
- Cook Frozen - Do not thaw first.
- Shake or turn as needed. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, they might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
This recipe was originally published in 2019 and re-published in 2021.
More–> Air Fried Frozen Foods and All French Fries Recipes
Here’s some more taquitos recipe inspiration for ya!