Air Fried Frozen Chicken Tenders or Strips (breaded)
How to Cook Air Fried Frozen Breaded Chicken Strips
- Pre-cooked breaded frozen chicken tenders are super easy to cook in the air fryer. They can go straight from the freezer to the air fryer and cooked in minutes. You don’t need to spray the chicken because there’s plenty already when it was pre-cooked.
- RAW: There’s also frozen raw chicken strips, where the breading is pre-cooked but the chicken is raw. Timing between the frozen pre-cooked and raw differs by a few minutes. You still need to check to make sure the brand you bought cooks all the way through. Start by checking the strips after 10 minutes. And then cook for additional time to make sure it’s cooked and crispy to your liking.
Video: Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Strips or Tenders
Different Breadings on Frozen Chicken Strips or Tenders
With so many different brands of frozen chicken strips, there comes different breading styles too. Japanese panko, Italian style bread crumbs, gluten free, and keto pork rinds are just a few examples of what you can buy on the market. Timings will be slightly different between brands, so start air frying at the shortest time we suggest. From there, check on the chicken strips and cook for a few more minutes until the chicken tenders are to your preferred crispness and doneness.
This article was originally published in 2020 and re-published in 2021.
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Strips
All air fryers are different and some cook much hotter than others. Once you cook your first batch of chicken strips, you’ll know more of what works for your model of air fryer and size of food. These were tested on basket style air fryers. Read more recipe notes below the recipe. Nutrition will vary from brand to brand and will depend on the type of coating.
- 12 ounces (170 g) Frozen Chicken Strips (Tenders) (about 4 strips)
- Place the frozen chicken strips in the air fryer basket and spread out into a single even layer. No oil spray is needed.
- Air Fry at 400°F/205°C for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken over and then continue to cook at 400°F/205°C for another 2-5 minutes or until cooked through and crispy.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen – Do not thaw first.
- Shake or turn if needed. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches of chicken strips back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the chicken might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
If you made this please share your results in the comments! there’s so many different types of wings and air fryers that time and temp changes. So it helps to share your model air fryer, time and temp that works best of you. Thanks friends! Hope you enjoy these air fried frozen chicken strips! Here’s an easy homemade chicken strips recipe.