Air Fried Frozen Chicken Nuggets
How to Cook Air Fried Frozen Chicken Nuggets in Air Fryer
You’ll love air frying chicken nuggets, we guarantee that! They come out so crispy and quick when they’re air fried. It’s hard not to cook them in any other way. The frozen air fried chicken nuggets can easily be cooked when taken straight from the freezer. Depending on the size and thickness of the nuggets, they’ll cook between about 10-12 minutes. Our timing and details are below in the recipe box.
Video: Frozen Chicken Nuggets in the Air Fryer
So many different brands of chicken nuggets
There’s so many different brands with different sizes and thicknesses of the chicken nuggets. Do a test batch first for a small handful. After cooking your first few nuggets, you’ll know more of how long and temp is best for your brand. Also, the more you cook, the longer it will take to get crispy. So you should be flexible and check to make sure the nuggets are cooked though. Organic brands of frozen chicken nuggets are perfect for cooking in the fryer too. You can eat more chicken nuggets and eat consciously with organic brands!
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
All air fryers are different and some cook much hotter than others. Once you cook your first batch of chicken nuggets, you’ll know more of what works for your model of air fryer and size of food. These were tested on basket style air fryers. Read more recipe notes below the recipe. Nutrition will vary from brand to brand and will depend on the type of coating.
- 8 ounces (170 g) Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Place the frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer basket and spread out into a single even layer. No oil spray is needed.
- Air Fry at 400°F/205°C for 8 minutes. Flip the nuggets over and then continue to cook at 400°F/205°C for another 2-4 minutes or until heated through and crispy.
- No Oil Necessary. Cook Frozen - Do not thaw first.
- Shake or turn if needed. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer. If cooking in multiple batches of chicken nuggets back to back, the following batches may cook a little quicker.
- Recipes were tested in 3.7 to 6 qt. air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the chicken nuggets might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Here’s a great recipe for homemade chicken nuggets.