Air Fryer Enchiladas Recipe with Frozen Taquitos or Flautas (15 minutes)
This air fryer enchiladas recipe is going to blow your mind. It’s super quick, easy and delicious. It’s an air fryer taquitos enchiladas recipe that uses frozen taquitos or flautas. That’s it!
Easy Air Fryer Enchiladas Recipe
Making enchiladas as home doesn’t get easier than this. You choose your favorite frozen taquitos or flautas. Add a can of enchilada sauce, air fry and within minutes you have a quick and easy enchilada meal. The best part of all this is to add your favorite toppings and this wonderful dish will be devoured in minutes. You’ll wonder why you didn’t make this earlier!
Video: Easy Air Fryer Enchiladas Recipe
How to Make Air Fryer Taquito Enchiladas (or Flautas)
- There’s so many different brands of frozen taquitos or flautas. But most are pretty consistent when it comes to size. It’s the air fryer models that are so different, so timing will slightly vary based on how big, small or powerful your air fryer is.
- Air fry the taquitos so they are crispy and warmed through. We like to add a light oil spray over the frozen taquitos or flautas.
- Add our favorite enchilada sauce and make sure to stir the sauce to make sure it’s mixed well.
- Great topping ideas: shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, pico de Gallo, salsa, guacamole, sour cream or queso
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Air Fryer Pans & Kits
These Air Fryer accessories open up a whole new world of recipes for your air fryer.
Do you need to thaw the frozen taquitos or flautas?
No, you don’t need to thaw them. They’re usually thin enough that the air frying will heat them through and make them crisp. Thawing them might make the enchilada dish mushy. What’s the difference between taquitos and flautas? Here’s a great explanation.
Air Fryer Taquito Enchiladas
- 6 Frozen Taquitos or flautas
- 1 cup (240 ml) enchilada sauce (or enough to coat)
- 1/4 cup (28 g) shredded cheese
- Sour Cream, Guacamole, Salsa, Pico de gallo, shredded Lettuce or Cabbage, Hot Sauce
- Place the frozen taquitos in a single layer in an oven safe dish that fits your air fryer. Coat the taquitos evenly with light oil spray or oil brush.
- Air Fry at 380°F/195°C for about 7-10 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking. Air fry until the taquitos are heated through the center and crispy on the outside.
- Stir or shake the enchilada sauce so it’s mixed well. Pour the enchiladas sauce over the taquitos, just enough to cover the top of the taquitos. Don’t add too much sauce because the circulating fan might blow the sauce around.
- Air fry for about 2-3 minutes or until sauce is heated through (bigger trays in air fryer ovens with 8 or more taquitos, add more time if needed).
- Spread cheese on top and Air Fry for another minute or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with any desired toppings: sour cream, guacamole, salsa, pico, hot sauce, or on a bed of shredded lettuce or cabbage.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).