Air Fryer Beyond Burgers (From Fresh) in 15 min VEGAN
Plant based burgers are easy to prepare and we have plenty of tips for you. Our air fryer beyond burgers recipe is simple. Our tips will help air frying beyond burgers quick and easy. We captured lots of step-by-step photos to guide you too!
What is Beyond Beef Meat?
Beyond meat is not real animal meat. It’s all plant based and made from plants. The company describes their Beyond meat product as “Beyond Beef is a plant-based ground meat made without GMOs, soy, or gluten to deliver on the versatility, meaty texture and juiciness of ground beef. It’s ready to use in your favorite recipes.” It’s a vegetarian or vegan alternative to animal protein.
Air Fryer Beyond Burgers Recipe (Fresh)
This is a recipe for air fryer beyond burgers using fresh beyond meat. We season the beyond meat and make them into patties and then air fry the beyond beef meat patties. You can customize your seasonings and adding it to the fresh beyond meat mix. There’s so many different flavor possibilities. Also, you can make the patties to what ever size you want from sliders to meatballs.
Can You Air Fry Frozen Beyond Burger Patties?
Yes, you definitely can cook air fryer beyond burgers from frozen! Beyond beef burgers are also sold in pre-formed patties. They are usually sold as frozen and you can definitely learn how to air fry frozen beyond burger patties. Here’s our detailed instructions on–> how to air fry frozen beyond burger patties.
Video: How to Air Fry Beyond Burgers (Fresh)
Tips on How to Make Air Fried Beyond Burger Recipe
- If you purchased your beyond meat in bulk and it was frozen, allow it to thaw first.
- Add your favorite seasonings in the beyond meat. We had garlic powder for a nice garlic flavor. More examples to add are onion powder, ground cumin, chili flakes, lemon pepper or dried herbs. The possibilities are endless!
- Make sure to form your patties to the same even size. That way, they will cook evenly and at the same time.
- If you’re adding cheese, press it into the cooked patty so that it sticks to the patty. This keeps the cheese from flying off the patty during air frying. Then air fry for about 1 minute until the cheese melts. If you’re using vegan plant based cheese, it might not melt the same as dairy based cheese.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Ideas for Burger Toppings
- Sauces: mayo, hot sauce, bbq sauce, ranch dressing.
- If you like buffalo wing flavor, then drizzle some buffalo sauce on the burger.
- Sliced raw onions or sautéed your onions.
- Try heirloom tomatoes on your burger. They’re fantastic.
- Different types of cheeses like smoked gouda, pepper jack, fresh mozzarella.
- Different types of greens: arugula, spinach, chopped kale, butter leaf lettuce, ice berg, green leaf
- Pickles! Pickled red onion, sweet bread & butter pickles or pickled jalapeños
Air Fryer Beyond Burgers® (from Fresh)
- 16 oz. (454 g) fresh Beyond Beef® Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder , optional
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- oil spray , for coating
- 4 Buns
- Optional – cheese, pickles, lettuce, onion, tomato, avocado, cooked bacon, etc.
- In a bowl, combine the Beyond Beef® with optional garlic powder, mixing until just combined (if using pre-formed patties, just sprinkle garlic powder on top). Form 4 equal sized patties about 4-inches wide. Spray or brush both sides with oil and season with salt and pepper. (Tip: lightly oil your hands when forming the patties so the meat sticks less to your hands)
- Spray air fryer basket or rack with oil. Carefully lay patties in the air fryer in a single layer. Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for 5 minutes.
- Flip the patties and continue cooking for about 3-6 minutes or until cooked through and internal temperature is 160°F/71°C. Timing will vary depending on thickness of patties and individual air fryer model.
- For Cheeseburgers: add the slices of cheese on top of the cooked patties. Air fry at 380°F/193°C for about 30 seconds to 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Warm the buns in the air fryer at 380°F/193°C for about 1 minute.
- Serve on buns, topped with your favorite burger toppings.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).