Air Fryer Hamburgers from Scratch
You’re going to love our air fryer burgers recipe! Fresh hamburgers made from scratch in the air fryer is a game changer. When you’re craving a quick and easy meal, our air fried hamburgers recipe is amazing!
Juicy & Easy Air Fryer Burgers Recipe from Scratch
These homemade air fryer hamburgers are truly amazing! Sometimes you might not have the time to plan grilling a burger on the bbq or going out to eat. So the air fryer method for homemade burgers is going to be your go-to technique. Promise!
Video: How to Air Fry Burgers Recipe
Watch how we make these juicy and delicious air fried hamburgers from scratch!
Tips How to Make Homemade Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Use good beef. A quality ground beef will have more flavor especially when there’s a little fat in it. 80/20 is a good ratio and will result in juicier burgers.
- Leaner ground beef for burgers will cook more dry but they won’t shrink as much. Fattier ground beef has more flavor but will shrink more.
- Add your favorite spices. Love garlic? Then add some fresh chopped garlic or garlic powder. Or if you like a smoky spicy flavor patty, add some chipotle and smoked paprika.
- Timing will vary a lot because everyone shapes their patties differently. Even if the beef is the same weight, a thicker patty will require longer cooking times.
- Also timing will vary because every air fryer is different. Some cook hotter than others. But after your first batch, you’ll know what timing is best for your preferred texture on your specific air fryer model.
- Love cheeseburgers? Just add your favorite slice of cheese after the beef is cooked and air fry for about 1 minute for the cheese to melt.
- Warm your burger buns in the air fryer. Warm crisp buns are wonderful!
Best Burger Topping Ideas
- LETTUCE: Use different types of lettuce and greens like arugula, spinach, green leaf lettuce, red leaf and butter leaf are great for burgers. Although some people will always love the crunch of iceberg lettuce the best.
- BACON: Crispy bacon is always great on burgers. Air fry the bacon ahead of time & just add it on when assembling. Add some fried onions for extra crispy deliciousness.
- CHEESES: Different cheeses like sharp cheddar, aged Swiss, smoked Gouda and blue cheese make a burger taste great.
- SAUCES: Beyond the standard ketchup, mayo, and mustard, add sauces like bbq sauce, a flavorful hot sauce, Buffalo wing sauce, aioli, and different cheese sauces.
- HEIRLOOM TOMATOES are always delicious and add great flavor to this homemade air fried hamburgers recipe. Hope you enjoy these air fryer frozen hamburgers!
Air Fryer Amazing Burgers
- 1.25 lb. (567 g) ground beef
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire , fish sauce, or soy sauce (fish sauce is our favorite)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt , or to taste
- Lots of black pepper
- oil spray , for coating
- 4 Buns , + optional cheese, pickles, lettuce, onion, tomato, avocado, cooked bacon etc.
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 380°F/193°C for about 4-5 minutes.
- In bowl, combine beef, garlic, garlic powder Worcestershire sauce (or sauce of choice), salt and pepper. Mix everything until just combined.
- Divide and flatten into 4 patties about 4” wide (don't pack the patties too firmly or else you'll have a dense burger – form just enough so that the patty holds its shape). Spray both sides with oil and spray the air fryer basket. If you have a smaller air fryer, you’ll might need to cook in two batches.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for about 8-12 minutes, flip after 6 minutes. Cook to your preference or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F/71°C. Timing will vary depending on thickness of patties and individual air fryer model.
- For Cheeseburgers: add the slices of cheese on top of the cooked patties. Air fry at 380°F/193°C for about 30 seconds to 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- For best juiciness, cover the patties and let rest for about 3 minutes. While patties are resting, warm the buns in the air fryer at 380°F/193°C for about 1 minute. Serve on buns, topped with your favorite burger toppings.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Nutrition Information per Serving
How to cook Hamburger Patties from Frozen? Here’s all the details for our air fried hamburgers recipe from frozen .
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Fresh Fish fillets
- Stuffed zucchini boats in the air fryer
- Frozen curly fries in the air fryer
- Mini pumpkin pies are amazing!
- Crispy coconut shrimp appetizers
- Best oils sprays for air frying?
- Check out all our delicious Air Fryer Burgers Recipes here. So many to choose from including plant based burgers.