Air Fryer Mini Pumpkin Pies
When you’re craving pumpkin pie try our air fryer mini pumpkin pies recipe. It’s crazy how simple it is to make! You can make smaller mini-servings of pumpkin pie for the holidays. Air frying this Holiday treat is a game changer!
Air Fryer Mini Pumpkin Pies Recipe
We’ve created this recipe for many reasons. First of all when you don’t have enough oven space for desserts, the air fryer can make pumpkin pie super easy! Second, these mini pies are great for smaller servings or gatherings. Third, this is great for folks who love to have more crust to filling ratio. And lastly, these are so crazy easy to make!
Video: Mini Pumpkin Pies in the Air Fryer
Tips on How to Make Air Fryer Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Every model of air fryer cooks a little differently. So after you make your first batch, you’ll know better on what time is best for your specific air fryer model.
- This recipe is for 6 mini-pumpkin pies. If you have a small air fryer you will have to cook in batches.
- If you have an countertop oven-style air fryer with 2 shelves, just cook on one shelf at a time. Air frying the pies on 2 different shelves will results in un-even cooking. The top shelf will always cook hotter and quicker. So place the shelf in the middle of the air fryer and cook in that middle shelf position. It’s better to cook the pies in 2 batches if needed.
- When the pies are just slightly jiggly or still un-cooked in the center, just keep the pies in the hot air fryer. Turn off the air fryer. Allow the mini-pies to continue cooking in the residual heat. This will help cook the center of the pies without drying out the top from.
Can you freeze these mini pies?
Yes you can! Just make sure they’ve fully cooled. Then seal them in air tight container or bags. When serving again, allow them to thaw completely for a few hours. If you want to warm them up a bit, remove them from the tin foil base. Place the pie on a plate and microwave it. Sure, you can re-heat them in the air fryer but be careful to not dry them out. That’s why we like to re-heat the pies in the microwave.
Air Fryer Mini Pumpkin Pies
- 1 cup (245 g) canned pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.62 ml) ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) ground ginger , optional
- Pinch of salt
- 6 mini graham cracker pie crusts
(OPTIONAL FOR TOPPING)
- Whipped Topping or Whipped Cream
- ground cinnamon
- In large bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, egg, spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and optional ginger) and salt until smooth.
- Divide filling into mini crusts. Fill the crusts with the filling until it reaches the top of the crust line (you may have a little filling leftover, depending on your brand of crusts). Place the crusts in the air fryer basket/tray, cook in batches if needed.
- Air Fry at 300°F for 10-12 minutes. Jiggle the pies in the air fryer basket. If the center is liquidy, air fry for a couple more minutes or until semi-firm. After air fryer is turned off, let the pies rest inside the air fryer for 10 minutes to finish cooking in the residual heat.
- Remove pies from air fryer and allow to cool. Top with whipped topping or whipped cream if desired. Sprinkle with optional ground cinnamon.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).