Air Fryer Halloween & Spooky Donuts
You’ll love making our air fryer halloween donuts recipe in different styles. Simple frosted donuts with sprinkles are cute and fun. But the air fried spooky donuts with screaming ghost looking faces are extra scary. 🙂
Air Fryer Halloween Donuts for Kids
These simple Halloween donuts are cooked in the air fryer and everyone loves them. Parents love this recipe because it’s super easy to make and air frying these makes them even easier. Kids love them because they can create different spooky faces and frost them with their favorite frostings and sprinkles. These are perfect for parties, school or anytime you want to serve simple Halloween inspired snacks.
Video: Air Fried Halloween Spooky Donuts
Tips for How to Make Halloween Donuts in Air Fryer
- The flaky biscuit dough is great. The layers are really evident after air frying and biting into these fluffy donuts is delicious.
- Don’t waste the dough holes. Save those and air fry them for doing holes or decorate them to be eyeballs.
- Make sure to flip the doughnuts halfway through for even cooking.
- For the spooky face, make sure to make the eyes and mouth big enough. If you use a really small cutter for the eyes and mouth, the holes might bake through too tight. This can result in less dramatic stretched eyes and mouth.
- Spooky or ghost faces: Stretch the dough enough to create the dramatic long eyes and mouth.
- Store these in a air tight container in the fridge. When you want to eat them, just air fry them for about 2-4 minutes at 350°F.
- You can freeze these leftover donuts but it’s better to freeze them before frosting or icing them. It’s better to freeze them cooked plain, then when you’re ready to serve, thaw them first. Then add your favorite icing or frosting.
Air Fryer Halloween Spooky Donuts
- 16.3 oz (462 g) can refrigerated flaky biscuits , like Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Biscuits
- 1/2 cup (60 g) powdered sugar
- Halloween colored frostings (black, orange, red, purple, etc…)
- Halloween inspired sprinkles
- For regular donuts shape: Separate the biscuits and with a 1-inch biscuit cutter, cut holes out of the center of the biscuits. (Save the hole cut outs to air fry as eyeballs if you are up for decorating them).
- If making ghosts: Separate the biscuits and with a 3/4-inch biscuit cutter, cut holes for the eyes and mouth from each biscuit. Stretch the dough lengthwise to create the spooky ghost face. (Save the hole cut outs to air fry as eyeballs if you are up for decorating them).
- Lightly coat the air fryer basket/tray with oil spray. Place the donuts in a single layer in the basket/tray making sure they aren’t touching (you may need to cook in batches).
- Air Fry at 330°F/165°C for 6-7 minutes, then gently wiggle to loosen. Flip over and continue Air Frying at 330°F/165°C for 1-3 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining donut and donut holes (they may cook a little quicker – set the timing a few minutes less and check for doneness sooner).
- While still warm, dust the powdered sugar or frost and sprinkle the donuts in fun Halloween colors.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
2 Comments on “Air Fryer Halloween & Spooky Donuts”
The kids are going crazy for these doughnuts! They’re in love. Really awesome and creative idea for the kids. Thanks so much.
My kids can’t wait for me to make these for Halloween. They loved them last year and now they’re expecting it this year.