Air Fryer Easy Donuts: Quick Cinnamon Sugar or Frosted, Glazed
Wow, these air fryer donuts are so quick, easy and the best! We were doubtful at first but after tasting these easy air fried doughnuts, we’re hooked!
Air Fryer Donuts Recipe: Easy and Quick
These super easy donuts regular canned biscuit dough or flaky biscuit dough. Add your favorite topping like cinnamon sugar, chocolate frosting, regular frosting or sprinkles for a fantastic sweet treat. The hot circulating air cooks these treat up quick and easy! Depending on the model and size of your appliance, you can make 2-3 or 6-8 at a time. It’s perfect if you’re craving 1-2 donuts but best of all, they’re always warm. Yum. Eating a warm doughnut is fantastic and you can save the rest of the dough for the next day. But don’t wait too long because the canned dough can go bad quickly and it won’t have the same rise as it could when it’s fresh.
Video: Easy Air Fried Donuts Recipe
How to Make Air Fryer Doughnuts or Donuts
- Use canned biscuit dough or flaky biscuit dough. Both are good but we prefer the flaky because the layers are outstanding. The donuts air fry flaky, tender and perfect.
- Decide what flavor you want for your easy air fried donuts to eat: Cinnamon sugar, chocolate frosting, regular frosting or your favorite glaze.
- If you’re using frosting, decide the flavor and if you’re going to need to add some natural food coloring.
- Have your cutters ready. We like to use these so you can get a great clean cut for the holes too.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Handy Kitchen Tools for Air Fryer Donuts
Air Fryer Easy Donuts
- 1 can refrigerated flaky biscuits , like Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Biscuits
- Separate the biscuits and with a 1-inch biscuit cutter, cut holes out of the center of the biscuits. Make sure to save the hole cut outs to air fry as donut holes.
- Lightly coat the air fryer basket/tray with oil spray. Place the donuts in a single layer in the basket/tray making sure they aren’t touching (you may need to cook in batches).
- Air Fry at 330°F/165°C for 6-7 minutes, then gently wiggle to loosen. Flip over and continue Air Frying at 330°F/165°C for 1-3 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining donuts and donut holes (they may cook a little quicker since the air fryer is now heated up).
- While still warm, top with your preferred topping, glaze, or frosting (see note below for cinnamon-sugar topping).
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine cinnamon and sugar together. Brush donuts with melted butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
More Awesome–> Air Fryer Dessert Recipes Here.
Did you make this recipe? Let us know in the comments below! Or if you have a photo to share, please do so with our social media accounts. We love seeing your creations and sharing it with our food community. Thanks Friends and happy air frying to you!
5 Comments on “Air Fryer Easy Donuts: Quick Cinnamon Sugar or Frosted, Glazed”
I made these for the first time today, with the cinnamon topping. My husband and I really enjoyed them.
So glad you enjoyed them Bobbi. Love the cinnamon topping too!
This was a lot of fun to make with the kids. They really loved decorating it.
this was so cool. kids really enjoyed customizing their own donut whichever way they wanted to. thanks for the neat little idea.
I’m loving this recipe so much. It’s a really fun and creative way to get the kids involved in the kitchen.