Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
You’ll love these air fryer green bean fries because they’re simple, quick and fantastic. They’re crispy and perfect for snacking beyond the regular potato fries. After making your first batch of air fried green bean fries, you’ll be hooked. Guaranteed.
Best air fryer green bean fries
We’ve tested this several times and created a recipe that’s simple, quick and flavorful. Sometimes you want a snack or “fries” that’s lower carb than using traditional potatoes. These are very flavorful and satisfying. The crunch from the breaded coating definitely makes these feel like fries. Eating a handful of these won’t make you feel as guilty as eating regular potato fries. But if you don’t have a problem with potato fries, check out our air fryer french fries recipes collection.
Video: Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
Can you use frozen green beans?
Sure, you can use green beans that are frozen, but fresh is totally better. It doesn’t take much more time to use fresh green beans. All you need to do is to snap off the stems. But if your only option is to use frozen green beans then you should:
- Thaw the frozen beans first. That way the beans will cook around the same time as the breading. You will get less chance of the breading burning before the beans cook.
- Once thawed, squeeze out any excess water. This will help the batter stick to the green beans better.
- The green bean fries will be a little more soggy and chewy if you’re using frozen.
How to Make Air Fryer Green Bean Fries Keto or Low Carb
It’s easy to make these fries very keto friendly or lower carb. Just use different low carb and keto breading instead of the regular bread crumbs:
- almond flour
- crushed or ground pork rinds
- sesame seeds
Tips on How To Make Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
- Like we mentioned above, using fresh green beans is better than using frozen. You’ll get a better crunch on the fries.
- These are regular green beans that we’re using. If you want to use the thin french style green beans they will cook quicker, so check them a little sooner so they don’t overcook. Here’s more different varieties of beans you can cook.
- If you have a small air fryer you will have to cook them in batches.
- Lay them in a single layer and make sure to leave a little space between the fries so they can be crunchy all around.
- Gently flip them so the breading doesn’t come off.
- If you’re using an air fryer with a wire basket, your green bean fries might stick. We suggest using parchment liners for air fryers or these awesome re-usable silicone liners for air fryers.
- All recipe time and temp details are in the recipe box below along with step-by-step photos.
Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
- 1/2 lb. (227 g) fresh green beans , trimmed & rinsed
- 1/4 cup (30 g) flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (54 g) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (50 g) parmesan cheese , plus extra for topping
- 1 teaspoon (4.93 ml) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.46 ml) black pepper , optional
- Trim and rinse green beans.
- After rinsing the green beans, don’t dry them. Keep them a little wet because the flour will stick better if they have a some water on them.
- Gently sprinkle the flour over the damp green beans. Toss to coat green beans evenly with flour.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg.
- In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and optional black pepper.
- Dip each floured green bean in the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture. Repeat for all the green beans.
- Spray the air fryer basket/rack with a light coating of oil.
- Place the coated green beans in the air fryer basket/tray in a single layer. Coat green beans with oil spray.
- Air fry at 400°F (205°C) for 5 minutes. Gently flip the green beans.
- Air fry for another 2-3 minutes or until golden to your liking.
- Top with additional parmesan and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
What Dips to serve with these fries?
These green bean fries are fantastic appetizers and it’s always better to serve them with a dip. Here’s some ideas to make a pretty platter of these to serve at parties:
- Marinara sauce
- honey mustard sauce
- ranch or tartar sauce
- hot sauce like chili crunch or sriracha
- bbq sauce
- even simple ketchup and mustard is delicious!
Make a party platter with green bean fries
These are delicious and elegant to serve at a party. To make the platter extra bountiful add some other sliced vegetables, two different dips, some sliced cheese, olives and maybe some salami. These fries are fantastic on a cheese and charcuterie board. It’s always nice to have something different and delicious to serve on a platter, so these green beans are perfect!
Easy Air Fryer Fries Recipe Beyond Potatoes
Potatoes are the only vegetable for fries. You can make fries a little healthier by air frying vegetables with less starch. Asparagus fries, zucchini fries wrapped in bacon, crispy zucchini fries and sweet potato fries in the air fryer are some great options to mix things up when you’re craving fries.
1 Comment on “Air Fryer Green Bean Fries”
What a fun recipe. This was not only delicious but absolutely helped my kids eat veggies.