Air Fryer Frozen Beyond Burgers
You will love air fryer frozen Beyond Burgers from pre-made patties. They’re quick and easy vegan plant based burgers that’s loaded with flavor and texture. Within minutes these frozen air fried beyond burgers are ready for dinner or hearty lunch.
What Are Plant Based Beyond Burgers?
Beyond meat is not real animal meat. It’s all plant based and made from plants. The company describes their Beyond meat product as “Beyond Beef is a plant-based ground meat made without GMOs, soy, or gluten to deliver on the versatility, meaty texture and juiciness of ground beef. It’s ready to use in your favorite recipes.” It’s a vegetarian or vegan alternative to animal protein.
Air Fryer Frozen Beyond Burgers Recipe
Beyond meat burgers are sold in several forms: bulk by the pound, pre-formed fresh patties or pre-formed frozen patties. This recipe is for pre-formed frozen patties in the air fryer. Within minutes you can have delicious and healthy vegan burgers. Air frying beyond burgers from frozen is simple and the texture is fantastic.
Can You Air Fry Beyond Burger Patties From Frozen?
Yes, frozen beyond meat patties can be cooked pulled straight from the freezer. These plant based patties are usually sold as frozen and you just need to unwrap them and start air frying. If you want to thaw them first then air frying time will be slightly less. But if you’re cooking with thawed patties, make sure to check them to ensure that they don’t dry out.
Video: How to Air Fry Frozen Beyond Burgers
Tips on How to Air Fry Frozen Beyond Burgers
- If you purchased your beyond meat patties from frozen, you don’t need to thaw them.
- Flavor tip: Sprinkle a little garlic powder, onion power and salt and pepper before air frying. These plant based patties will be extra flavorful!
- Cheeseburgers : If you’re adding cheese, press it into the cooked patty so that it sticks to the patty. This keeps the cheese from flying off the patty during air frying. Then air fry for about 1 minute until the cheese melts. If you’re using vegan plant based cheese, it might not melt the same as dairy based cheese.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
- Pro-Tip: here’s our favorite tools to help make air frying easier:
We LOVE Evo Oil Sprayers. Not the prettiest, but they’re functional and spritz oil great! They don’t clog up like many others we’ve bought. There’s different styles, but all seem to have the same great spray head. Works great for grilling!
There are Square Mats & Round Mats. These perforated non-stick silicone mats are used to cook food in your air fryer or steamer to minimize sticking. Holes allow hot circulating air to cook the food & keeps the food from sticking.
Parchment sheets are great for your air fryer or bamboo steamer (food tends to stick most on wire basket or tray). Choose from different sizes, shapes, white and brown (unbleached). Holes allow air to cook food evenly.
How to Make Beyond Burger Patties from Fresh Ground Beyond Meat?
If you’re wanting a recipe with fresh bulk beyond meat, check out our –> fresh beyond burger recipe here. With this recipe you use the package of “ground” beyond meat and then shape your own patties. This beyond meat mixture is sold as a 16oz package. This recipe will also work for thawed pre-formed Beyond Burger patties.
Ideas for Burger Toppings
- Different types of cheeses like smoked gouda, pepper jack, fresh mozzarella.
- Different types of greens: arugula, spinach, chopped kale, butter leaf lettuce, ice berg, green leaf
- Sauces: mayo, hot sauce, bbq sauce, ranch dressing.
- If you like buffalo wing flavor, then drizzle some buffalo sauce on the burger.
- Sliced raw red or white onions or sauté your onions. Caramelized onions on top of these burgers are super delicious!
Air Fryer FROZEN Beyond Burgers®
- 2 frozen Beyond Burger® patties , 1/4lb (113g) patties
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- oil spray , for coating
- 2 Buns
- Optional – cheese, pickles, lettuce, onion, tomato, avocado, cooked bacon etc.
- Spray or brush both sides of the frozen patties with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spray air fryer basket or rack with oil. Place the frozen patties in the air fryer basket/tray in a single layer. Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for 8 minutes.
- Flip the patties and continue cooking for about 3-6 minutes or until cooked through and internal temperature is 160°F/71°C. Timing will vary depending on thickness of patties and individual air fryer model.
- For Cheeseburgers: add the slices of cheese on top of the cooked patties. Air fry at 380°F/193°C for about 30 seconds to 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Warm the buns in the air fryer at 380°F/193°C for about 1 minute.
- Serve on buns, topped with your favorite burger toppings.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).