Air Fryer Frozen Trader Joe’s Turkey Burgers
Trader Joe’s frozen turkey burgers are so popular. We wanted to test them in the air fryer. Results? These Trader Joe’s air fryer frozen turkey burgers are so simple to prepare and great for a quick meal!
Can you cook air fryer frozen Trader Joe’s turkey burgers or patties?
Wow these are so delicious. Yes you definitely can and the results are amazing! The hot circulating air of the air fryer cooks the turkey patties from frozen, straight from the freezer. The turkey burger patties are fantastic, simple budget friendly. You save alot of money by making these at home rather than going out to eat.
Should you thaw frozen patties before air frying?
You can cook these frozen straight from the freezer. No, you don’t have to thaw the raw patties. Place the frozen turkey patties in the air fryer and start air frying. After your first batch you’ll know more of what the best timing is for specific air fryer. All air fryers cook a little differently. THAWED: But if you do end up using thawed patties, just reduce cooking time. Thawed patties will cook quicker than frozen patties.
Video: Trader Joe’s Frozen Turkey Burgers in Air Fryer
These are 1/4 pound patties and they do shrink down quite a bit in the air fryer. The flavor is good and well seasoned. Make sure to monitor these patties so they don’t dry out.
Should you Pre-Heat the Air Fryer for Frozen Burger Patties?
No, don’t have to pre-heat the air fryer. The frozen patties shouldn’t cook too hot and too quick. You don’t want the middle of the patty to still be frozen while the outside is cooked too quick. So allowing the air fryer to slowly heat as it cooks the patty is good. If the air fryer is too hot to start, it will cook the outside too quick. So if your air fryer is already hot from cooking something previously, then reduce cooking time by about 2 minutes. Check the burgers in the air fryer and add more time if needed.
Tips for How to Air Fry Trader Joe’s Turkey Burgers
- Oil Spray: Add a light layer of oil spray or light brush of oil on both sides of frozen patties. This helps keep the patty moist and juicy on the outside without drying out too much.
- Like we mentioned above after you cook your first batch you’ll know what the best timing is for your preferred doneness.
- Our recipe below is for air frying 4 Trader Joe’s raw burger patties. If you just air fry 1 or 2 patties, cooking time might be quicker. But again, after you cook for first patties, you know the exact and best timing for your air fryer model.
- With so many different air fryer models, styles timing will vary.
- Warm the buns: Air fry your burger buns for about 1 minute. Warm burger buns are extra delicious.
- Use a digital thermometer to make sure the internal temperature of the patty is 165°F. This is the recommended temperature.
- Check out more of our Air Fryer Recipes with Trader Joe’s frozen food
- Pro-Tip: here’s our favorite tools to help make air frying easier:
We LOVE Evo Oil Sprayers. Not the prettiest, but they’re functional and spritz oil great! They don’t clog up like many others we’ve bought. There’s different styles, but all seem to have the same great spray head. Works great for grilling!
There are Square Mats & Round Mats. These perforated non-stick silicone mats are used to cook food in your air fryer or steamer to minimize sticking. Holes allow hot circulating air to cook the food & keeps the food from sticking.
Parchment sheets are great for your air fryer or bamboo steamer (food tends to stick most on wire basket or tray). Choose from different sizes, shapes, white and brown (unbleached). Holes allow air to cook food evenly.
Healthy Keto or Low Carb Turkey Wraps with Lettuce
Make these healthy! Ditch the buns and make turkey protein lettuce wraps! If you’re on the keto or low carb diet, replacing the buns with fresh crispy lettuce is great. It’s an easy way to eat healthier and add more greens to the turkey. These turkey lettuce wraps are super delicious and fresh. Or just add the patties on a bed of lettuce for a great salad. Use different types of lettuce like arugula, spinach or mustard greens. There’s so many possibilities to make these air fried trader joes burgers patties to be healthy and lower carb.
Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Frozen Turkey Burgers
- 4 frozen Trader Joe's Turkey Burgers , 1/4 lb.(113g) raw frozen patties
- salt , to taste if needed
- black pepper , to taste
- oil spray , for coating
- 4 Buns , + optional cheese, pickles, lettuce, onion, tomato, avocado, cooked bacon etc.
- Spray both sides of frozen turkey patties with oil. Season with optional salt and pepper. Spray the air fryer basket with oil. Place the patties in the basket in a single layer. Cook in batches if needed.
- Air Fry at 380°F/193°C for a total of about 12-17 minutes. After the first 10 minutes flip the patties and continue to Air Frying at 360°F/193°C for another 2-7 minutes or until it’s cooked to your preferred doneness. The internal temperature should be 165°F/74°C.
- Cheeseburgers: add the slices of cheese on top of the cooked patties. Air fry at 380°F/193°C for about 30 seconds to 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Cover the patties and let rest for 3 minutes. Warm the buns in the air fryer at 380°F/193°C for about 3 minutes while patties are resting. Serve on buns, topped with your favorite burger toppings.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
Here’s our Recipe for Air Fryer Turkey Avocado Burgers from Scratch, Homemade! the flavor is outstanding and we have a secret ingredient that makes these air fried turkey burgers so flavorful!
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes:
- check out all our air fryer burger recipes including plant based burgers to choose from
- Frozen Beef hamburgers in the air fryer
- Hamburger from scratch
- Air fryer frozen egg rolls or crispy spring rolls
- Frozen tater tots or potato puffs in the air fryer
- Garlic bread in the air fryer
- Crispy frozen hash brown patties
- spooky halloween donuts
1 Comment on “Air Fryer Frozen Trader Joe’s Turkey Burgers”
I picked this bag up at Trader Joe’s and was hoping I’d be able to cook it in the air fryer. I’m so glad I found this recipe. Followed your instructions and they cooked perfectly. Thanks a lot.