Healthy Air Fryer Tuna Patties
Healthy Air Fryer Tuna Patties Recipe
Air fried tuna patties are so fantastic and our test kitchen team is obsessed with these! Our previous crispy stove top tuna patties recipe were such a hit! Our awesome readers asked for the air fried version of the patties, so here it is! This recipe for tuna patties in the air fryer is so much healthier because it hardly uses any oil. When we took a bite into an air fried tuna patty, we were amazed at how delicious it still was without all the grease! It’s is a little drier than the stove top version, but the healthier air fried option is still delicious! The texture and flavor difference between the pan fried tuna version and air fried version is small. Our method of Air frying the tuna patties is definitely the way to go if you’re looking to cook with less oil and cut calories.
Watch the Video making Tuna Patties in the Air Fryer
Low Carb and Low Calorie Air Fried Tuna Patties
Hot circulating air in the air fryer crisps up the tuna patties perfectly only need a light brush or spray of olive oil. This technique hardly using any oil makes the lower calorie for sure. And the patties can use a bit of bread crumbs to hold the patties together. But for the lowest carb, use crushed pork rinds or almond flour. These make them lower carb than most other options out there. You’ll love these and serve then on a salad, as an appetizer or in a slider. If you’re looking for a BAKED TUNA PATTY here’s a great recipe that can easily be baked in the oven. Both these options are great ways to enjoy these low calorie tuna cakes!
How to Cook Tuna Patties or Tuna Cakes in Air Fryer
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Use ice cream scoop to keep sizes consistent
- Flatten out the tuna patties and keep their round shape. Brush with oil.
- Lightly spray air fryer basket or lay perforated parchment. Air fry until crisp.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Here’s more healthy recipes:
- Low-Carb Cloud Eggs (Eggs in a Cloud)
- Baked Spaghetti Squash with Fresh Tomatoes and Parmesan Cheese
- Zucchini Noodles with Spinach
- Spinach Salad with Bacon, Avocado Vinaigrette
Air Fryer Tuna Patties
The amount of egg will vary depending on the dryness of your tuna and the absorption of the bread crumbs. If you are unsure, start with 2 eggs, and if the mixture seems too dry to easily form into patties, add a 3rd egg.
- 15 ounces canned albacore tuna , drained or 1 pound (454g) fresh tuna, diced
- 2-3 large eggs *see note above
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 stalk celery , finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs (oregano, dill, basil, thyme or any combo)
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt , or to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper
- optional for serving - ranch, tarter sauce, mayo, lemon slices
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, celery, onion, garlic powder, dried herbs, salt and pepper. Stir to make sure everything is combined. Gently fold in the tuna until just combined.
- If you have air fryer perforated baking paper, this is great. Lay perforated air fryer baking paper inside base of air fryer. Lightly spray the paper. (if not you don't have the holed liners, spray enough olive oil spray at the base of the air fryer basket to make sure the patties do not stick)
- Try to keep all patties same size and thickness for even cooking. Scoop 1/4 cup of mixture, and shape into patties about 3-inches wide x 1/2-inch thick and lay inside basket. Makes about 10 patties.
- If patties are too soft to handle, chill them for at about 1 hour or until firm. This will make them easier to handle during cooking. Spray or brush top of patties with oil. Air Fry 360°F, 10 minutes, flipping half way. Spray the tops again after you flip the patties.
- Serve with your favorite sauce and lemon slices.